test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Auction House Posting Error

fns2005fns2005 Member Posts: 350 Arc User
When trying to post an item for sale on the auction house, an error occurs and does not post the item. You must continue attempting to post the item for it to work.

Comments

• Options
    silverwolf#7884 silverwolf Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    I'd suspect that this has to do with the number of threads that are alloocated to managing trades on the auction house and there simply not any available when you want to post.
  • Options
    abwabwabaabwabwaba Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    Its always like that with every single new mod they come out with. Sometimes its ninja-fixed within 1-2 hours, now its like that since mod 17 arrived.
    Hide The Pain Harold!
  • Options
    ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    I believe this was explained away ages ago (by either the CM or a dev) with the excuse that "it will happen if there's a lot of people posting at the same time.

I don't buy that at all since most times I can get things to post by simply changing the price. I also know people that move the item one slot in their bag and then it posts fine. These tricks work almost every single time but I'm to believe that "lots of people" must be posting at the exact time as me.

This was never an issue for me just a few mods ago (i dont even recall the issue ever happening preM15) when the game population was clearly larger but now it's an issue with fewer people.
  • Options
    greenlionguard#4540 greenlionguard Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Does this have aything to do with me being unable to use the Zen trade for AD to get AD to even use said Auction House? I am at the Nevedeath Cemetary and I HAVE NOT EVEN GAINED 1 RAD If rough astral Diamonds are going to still be implimented as a means for free players to Aquire Astral Diamonds and as currency for Enahncements items THEY NEEED TO BE ATTAINABLE AT LOWER LEVES AGAIN!!!!! My archer is feeling hte burn of not being able to OPEN dungeon chests because I DON'T HAVE ASTRAL DIAMONDS!!!! this fourm of currency is a HEAVLY importaint part of my characters development at this time and I DONT HAVE A SINGLE ONE, not form my quests, not form side missions, not even form the AH introduction... WHATS GOING ON.

I didn't even get a batch for buying and spending Zen on cash shop items.
  • Options
    To earn RAD you need to do dungeon queues. Have a look at the menu Quests > Queues and you can queue for those. There's a Call To Arms (CTA) event on right now, queuing for those is super quick, a lot of end-gamers also play those so you'll be in and out in no-time; it's not much RAD but it's a start :)
  • Options
    greenlionguard#4540 greenlionguard Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    I have done dungeon quests! I have done side quests, I have done campaign quests, I have even done instance quests that is the POINT!!!! I think the system in general is BROKEN right now because it is not giving me a THING not a single RAD none the less what I should have at this point and it appears I am not the only person having issues actually aquireing RAD thrugh the systems the staff says give you them.

this very well could be an actual BUG with the new system and it looks by your comment no one is taking it seriously and that is a concern I am having because I didn't even get the AD I should have gotten for spending Zen in the stotre or buying it for that matter (but there were no promotions that I am aware of so that is eh mybe?)

if nothing else it at least needs to be looked into more closely!

As a side note the Rush to endgame does nothing for me as I am a person who enjoys a good story, Rush to end game is a PVP/Pker thing and not my cup of tea I play a game for escapeisum and for me FORCEING A RUSH TO ENDGAME is one of many factors that will ruin a good fantasy game. as another note if I wanted to start at level 70 I would have BOUGHT A LEVEL 70 CHARACTER! I beleve that buying endgame for people who want to rush to endgame is by far a better alternitive than takeing away the option to play thrugh a story.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    So you've done a dungeon via the Quests > Queues option ?
    In your riches you still have 0 Rough Astral Diamonds ?

Which dungeon did you do ? A lot of them have free to open chests at the end of them that don't require the Legendary Dragon Key to open.

Dungeons given in the campaign from a campain quest giver don't give RAD in the chests.
  • Options
    fns2005fns2005 Member Posts: 350 Arc User
    This bug has started back up again. I notice it happens every Tuesday that there is maintenance or an update.
  • Options
    zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    I concur... that this problem re-occurs after many maintences, patches, and updates.

I don't know a user-fix, but this might help make it more tolerable:

1) make sure you are not working over your chat window. (the hyperlinks in the chat-window cause interference)
    2) wait 5 seconds after entering your auction/posting prices before you confirm.
    3) try not to do to many postings or your in for a long day.
  • Options
    mdarkangel#4696 mdarkangel Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    @zimxero#8085
    No. 1 is PC specific. On Xbox the Auction House window opens full screen covering everything, and there is no mouse that could inadvertently click a link in the chat window.

Anything else is just a delay tactic. I generally don't post anything the day of maintenance taking the delay tactic to the extreme.
  • Options
    arry#2148 arry Member Posts: 1 New User
    Today I posted something, but it isn't in my consignments, and now it's gone from my inventory.
  • Options
    froger#9967 froger Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    I'm going to bump this older thread because the problem is still occurring. Last night (EST) I had a helluva time posting in the auction house. Items randomly would not post and be returned to my inventory. While this happens at any time it is worse after server reset / patch / maintenance.
    Froger - Barbarian - Original Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Jade - Cleric - Healer Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Magnus - Fighter - 3rd main to be a tank - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Loverboy - Ranger - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Nomnomnommm - Wizard - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    I Am The Wall - Paladin - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    Xeros - Rogue - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    RIP bad name - Warlock - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Bardholomew - Bard - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Sirona - Cleric - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone

Jade - DC - Shadows of Gauntlgrym - PC
  • Options
    milehighxr#1299 milehighxr Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    Lag I think causes this too. I've had to move to an area that had fewer people in it sometimes to overcome the posting issue. This is on xbox.