test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

my feedback on new character as player's first character are seriously flawed.

wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
many players have alts and easy to cover and with back up plans.

so, this is about newer players starting on account as first chracter, i see many many problems.
leveling progression out leveled reward that was 3-7 level behind character's current level, no access to auction house for matching level upgrade gears. boons and prestige wasnt available until 25th (artifacts and enchants) and 30th level (boons).

devs may have ignore, or forgotten or no desire to correcting their mistakes.

remember what original players had before Mod 6, and Mod 11? we had access to astral diamonds from invokings and were able to buy gears are proper level, and plenty of enchants that were drop as loots.

today, i dont see any, and most enchants were level 5 and up are only available on specific vendors
also devs put restrictions on chats until they reach 20 level to combat "gold chat sellers".

on character's first enchant quest, i was floored and very upset, seeing rank 2 cost 1g 50s 80c just to remove when that character just barely had 1g since level 1.

my new alt just enter as my personal test, to neverdeath as level 29, before 1st dungeon task, he was already level 32, and reward was level 24 hat for rouge., wow! that 8 level so far in behind on progression curve, and doesnt meet to protecting, when he fighting boss at the end of dungeon run, had bad untimely defeat and sending to campfire within seconds
rewards from NPC are too slow and far behind the levels, need to be on the par and be primed and ready, but there isnt any.
companions he got are terrible and most just stood there until mobs are about to die and they jump in to fight but there nothing for them to hit. they are not on top of it as soon i was attacked or start to fight, i played Star trek online, my away team crew are ready to fight on first shot made.
made me think NWO is a disgraced and seriously flawed.

how can any new players who first time playing without any alts to back them up, or able to contact or to ask other platers for info when they cant due to 20 level cap chat restriction, and they dont know any guilds or any friends.
when they go to Neverdeath Graveyard with outgrown and outdated gears from 14th level rewards and Chest level progression gift are so dated and useless, seeing crystal as 1 pt refine with nowhere to put as long it didnt have any enchants or runes, finding it getting harder and harder to the point they would quit, and they will spread the word to other gamers in other communities saying NWO isnt good game. they maybe truthful and could harm NWO for not able to draw any newer players, they would say it is paywall. they will keep others stay away when they read forum sites.

Dear Devs, you have to redo and fix the "forgotten flaws", once they see the flow and how smooth progression and they will be hooked all the way, not until level 70 and then they disappear, you really need to make players so happy.
they need help and have access to auction house for upgrades they need for next dungeon they are going, rewards need to be on top of it, not 5-10 level behind or outdated. they need full set.

Comments

• wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    omit to add.

remove the cost of taking out enchants and runes, priority 1.

up to 1st 30-35 levels, make all end of zone boss reward chests, add with assorted "choice" of enchant to pick and small amount of astral diamonds, since these dungeons are 1 time runs and not repeatable, if made into repeatable runs, make it 1 a day, to prevent farmings and fixed level cap allowed in specific level.. update the chest rewards (priority 2), any higher level will find this so pitiful and wont bother to repeat.

since that Arc's "Gateway" Companion adventure closed, they need gears and runes upgrades. i love that "icon" selection to meet some icon challenges like that rune dice rollings.
    would love to see that back in game as one of "seedy" bar adventuring, card games, chess in taverns, and bar fights, bar fights only in selected "pvp" sections.
  • b4t1b4tb4t1b4t Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    To a degree I see all points you made but to be fair it is best to know what your getting into before you get into it.
    This game is unlike any other mmo where leveling is part of the process. In fact in this game leveling up either an alt or a new toon its a tutorial until you hit 70 and 80.
    The gear you obtain thru leveling gets switched out none stop and really its useless until you get max level and get the real gear that you should be after.
    As for the restriction to chat gos I rather enjoy that its there.
    We all had to go thru it and shouldnt really be removed.
    Truth be told you shouldnt need any real help until you get that 64 level mark where shara campaigne comes in and even then you should be fine.
    I remember when I was leveling up I did not realize the restriction to chat was there until I was in a group on an alt and was unable to chat lol.