test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Pearl Ring of the Companion

aragon#8379 aragon Member Posts: 128 Arc User
There is currently a large problem in capping stats for Tomm without this Pearl Ring of the Companion on any given Dps class. It gives two of the most vital stats, Crit and Armor pen. Sure there are other ways to achieve these stats but non currently the won't significantly reduce your Power, and you need as much of this as you can get, or you ain't completing those harsh Dps checks in Tomm.

Currently the only real way of capping all the necessary stats is with the Pearl Ring, the Choke chain and the Gold-Leafed Grimoire. Thus without this Pearl Ring how are you gonna manage to cap armor pen and crit. Currently there doesn't exist any epic comp gear with a combo of crit, armor pen, accuracy and combat advantage other than the Choke Chain and the Pearl Ring which have 2 offense slots for empowered runestones.

So please, if any Developers read this can you suggest perhaps putting the Pearl Ring of the Companion in the Undermountain store, like you did the Choke Chain. I do realize there is a chance for the Pearl Ring to drop in Master Expeditions but myself and and countless others have had no luck with achieving this after completing these expeditions since mod 16 launch. These chances could be increased by just having the Pearl Ring be an Account locked drop instead of a character lock, since then you can run ME's on multiple characters for a better chance. Without this gear no Dps can enter with competible stats and power to other Dps. Even if this piece of gear was achievable on Preview it would allow the unfortunate to still practice Tomm there while they pray and hope for the Pearl Ring drop on Live.

I hope this can be seriously considered by the Developers as it is such a handicap for any Dps wishing to do Tomm.
Best regards,
Gwenn the Vangaurdian.

Comments

• araroth6#9120 araroth6 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    You can get it as a reward turn in from doing your 3 MEs. I already have one and received a second pearl ring last week
  • skylord711skylord711 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User
    sounds more convenient to put it on the campaign store like the choke chain
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    Who runs new content without looking in every nook and cranny?
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    greywynd said:

Who runs new content without looking in every nook and cranny?

Teal deers. Apparently there is an infestation.
  • sobi#1980 sobi Member Posts: 401 Arc User
    A good suggestion.
  • gweddrygweddry Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 278 Arc User
    Completely agree. This item decides whether you can play tomm.
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User

You can get it as a reward turn in from doing your 3 MEs. I already have one and received a second pearl ring last week

what about the 1 thousand other players that have yet to get 1 ? you do know that not everyone is as lucky yea ?
    Yes to this.

I confess in the past I have been one of those "well I got my drop on my 3rd run so suck to you" - after nearly two months grinding for the Alabaster Set I now feel the pain of the unlucky.

#remembernoteveryoneisasluckyasyou
  • solanaceae#5995 solanaceae Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    +1. To add insult to injury, the Pearl Ring that drops from MEs is also char-bound, so you can't even use an alt army to farm one for your main.
  • huashan#7979 huashan Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    Same, i need the ring to hit the status and keep mey 3% itens because if i use green-blue i have to change my rings and my shoes = no dps = bag ...
  • katillord3katillord3 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I need it on my main but i find it on my alt. And guess what? Character bound >.<
  • hoveristhoverist Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    complete agreement. the chances of loot of the ring is so small that I four characters are still not fallen with the expedition. it turns out that in my case this ring does not get in the game. add to the store campaigns, please.
  • jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User

I need it on my main but i find it on my alt. And guess what? Character bound >.<</p>

I just love it to see it on my alts, makes me want to log off whenever I change an alts comp section :D
    - bye bye -
  • zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    How about letting players Exalt companion gear?

Exalted companion gear would gain:

200 power per offensive rune slot
    1000 health per defensive rune slot
    +10% companion damage per missing rune slot

NOTE: Defensive slots are devalued currently, because they lack Health option, whereas Offensive slots have Power (the antithesis of Health).