test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

SW Offhand critical severity feature not working as expected

nisckisnisckis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 655 Arc User
I have tested all artifact modification features and all of them add the correct amount to your current value, all of them except Critical severity.

Character critical severity before setting the critical severity

Character critical severity after setting the critical severity (+10%)

Expected result was 106% critical severity.
Obtained result is 103.5% critical severity.

Comments

• Options
    bigman99#8273 bigman99 Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    This is a problem with ALL offhand weapons, no matter the class. I have reported it, there have been posts on both xbox and playstation reporting this, and no acknowledgement or response from devs. Undermountain was released in april and it is now less than a week from september, can we please get some word on this issue after 4 months?
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    Regardless right or wrong, it is at the moment calculated as +10% of the base Critical Severity instead of adding 10%.

75% x (1 + 10%) + 21% = 103.5%
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    mongol69mongol69 Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    I dont believe its off base, since my warlock has 99.5% and only get 6.5% 106% total. My cw gets 8% from it with 117% total 125%. My Cleric has 86% and gets 9% from weapon for 95%. It's all over, almost random.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
    mongol69 said:

I dont believe its off base, since my warlock has 99.5% and only get 6.5% 106% total. My cw gets 8% from it with 117% total 125%. My Cleric has 86% and gets 9% from weapon for 95%. It's all over, almost random.

If you take away the offhand and check critical severity, you should see:

Critical Severity: T% (A% + B%)

What is A? What is B?

After you put back the offhand,

what is A? What is B?
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    mongol69mongol69 Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    https://ibb.co/m6jjCH0
    https://ibb.co/VgbGr1N

I guess my base just decreases depending on the more buffs I have then.
    Post edited by mongol69 on
  • Options
    martins#2911 martins Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    The same thing happens here.
  • Options
    nisckisnisckis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 655 Arc User
    @plasticbat Hi, I noticed that it is only affecting the left part of the sum, that's the reason a tried to stated that is the only one that doesn't add to the total amount, like all other features do.
  • Options
    bigman99#8273 bigman99 Member Posts: 510 Arc User

Regardless right or wrong, it is at the moment calculated as +10% of the base Critical Severity instead of adding 10%.

75% x (1 + 10%) + 21% = 103.5%

I believe you are correct here as the offhand buff brings my base from 75% to 82.5%. However, as far as I can tell, these might the only items in the game that follow the equation put out. If I am wrong in that regard, I apologize, but potions, class features, elixirs, food buffs and other items (Chain of Scales) do not calculate their effect this way. That being the case, until we hear from a developer whether this is a unique game item and WAI, or if it is a bug, we must assume the latter and keep reporting the issue.