test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

0 Damage in Recon quests when engaging out of combat

silverrrrrrrsilverrrrrrr Member Posts: 145 Arc User
edited August 2019 in Bug Reports (PC)
I noticed that when you engage an enemy while out of combat in the recon quests, your engaging attack will deal 0 damage. I haven't tested with any other classes or other powers than the 3 I have slotted.

I also noticed that if I had the divine challenger class feature slotted, Smite dealt damage as normal, but without it dealt 0.

I haven't noticed this happening outside of the mod17 content.

video: https://youtube.com/watch?v=x1TceuFp4bo
Leader of Heralds of Lurid Dusk

Silv3ry on YouTube

Comments

• Options
    shadrakt2shadrakt2 Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    I think it's to prevent enemies from killing each other while you're not around. You have to aggro them first before you can do damage.
  • Options
    award9award9 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 87 Arc User
    I just noticed this on my Ranger. While I'm looking at the combat log, it deletes itself from my chat window.
  • Options
    silverrrrrrrsilverrrrrrr Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    shadrakt2 said:

I think it's to prevent enemies from killing each other while you're not around. You have to aggro them first before you can do damage.

I thought about that, but it doesn't happen when the enemies are already fighting each other before I engage. It only happens when they're just standing there :shrug:
    Leader of Heralds of Lurid Dusk

Silv3ry on YouTube

• Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    If they didn't want them to kill each other they wouldn't. I've gone after named critters only to find them in the process of being slaughtered.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.