test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Are we allowed to have Multi accounts

mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
AS far as i know it is not allowed. However recently i have multiple BIS players tell me it is not wrong.

Can someone please clarify this for me.If it is legal i will use it too but i think it is not
There are more than BIS players in this game
RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

Comments

• thevampinatorthevampinator Member Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    I think you can have two accounts. But I know there are some players that have more then that. Obviously they have not done anything to the one person who obviously has more then five or six accounts In protectors enclave so I imagine they don't really enforce it if as much if they did have such a rule. So long as you don't mutlibox or transfer items over between accounts. I'd imagine they wouldn't do anything because its kinda a difficult one to enforce because 1 others could be using that ip address 2 other family members could be using another account within that same ip address. If you multibox then I think they would take action against you if it was reported. If I were you personally i'd just stick with the one account. Not really worth it to make another. I have everything I need on the one account. Why need more then one? I did consider one time making another account. Not really worth the effort or the hassle so I didn't.
  • thestiathestia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    It is not explicitly stated in the ToS that having multiple accounts is not allowed. One stipulation is that an account may only be used by the person who created it.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/about/terms/

Relevant sections:
    Section 4: Accounts
    Section 15: User Conduct

You can also ask them directly about anything concerning the terms of service by emailing tos@perfectworld.com

Upon additional research, I found this post on the German Arc website.
    https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=de&u=https://support-de.arcgames.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3562/~/ist-multi-boxing-erlaubt%3F&prev=search
    Is multi-boxing allowed?
    Published 12/12/2011 19:08 | Updated 09/03/2016 16:52
    Is multi-boxing allowed?

Yes, multi-boxing is allowed. Multi-boxing means having multiple online accounts by having more than one computer. Note, however, that users can only be active with one main account when playing the game. Any additional on-line accounts may only be used for inactive tasks such as selling items in a cat store.
    If multiboxing is allowed, it follows that having more than one active account is also allowed.
  • tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    What for example is not allowed, is to have multiple accounts and just use VIP on them (for profit) and nothing else. I know some ppl who got their other accounts banned for that. Im speaking about 15+ accounts tough.
    edited August 2019
    Multiboxing isn't allowed. You can be banned for doing it. They have banned players for doing it from what I understand. Basically from what I understand you can have two accounts. Not sure if that is the only amount allowed or just from something I read or hearsay I heard. What they will ban for is unfair advantage. Lets say you are making multiple accounts upon multiple accounts for vip and overcoming the ad limit. Players find ways to transfer items of value or ad over to other accounts in a laundering scheme to their main account. If used in such a way they would possibly ban for doing this. Exploiting the system isn't allowed. And they do have ways of tracking this stuff and players who are doing such things.
    The most common when it comes to people with muliple accounts are those who truely only do free to play and refuse to buy because the game is free and they refuse to pay for stuff in a free game or they can't afford to spend money in it. Tight bills and expenses. These players might be altoholics that like making multiple characters. So they would then make two three or four accounts to bypass the two character limit as that is the starting limit for new accounts from what I remember if i remember correctly. I don't cryptic doesn't punish players for this but I imagine they don't like it either as they are not getting money and they are a company that wants to make money obviously.
    Plus like I mentioned above its kinda hard to prove because those accounts could belong to family or friends living at the address. Many players that do it might not be punished for it unless its something like multiboxing or exploiting and bypassing a limit they put into place. That is where they would come in and crack down on the player or persons involved.

Just to be safe I'd just stick with two accounts. If I was you. I'd not chance it even if it was allowed to have more then two accounts.
  • thestiathestia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 296 Arc User

Multiboxing isn't allowed. You can be banned for doing it. They have banned players for doing it from what I understand. Basically from what I understand you can have two accounts. Not sure if that is the only amount allowed or just from something I read or hearsay I heard. What they will ban for is unfair advantage. Lets say you are making multiple accounts upon multiple accounts for vip and overcoming the ad limit. Players find ways to transfer items of value or ad over to other accounts in a laundering scheme to their main account. If used in such a way they would possibly ban for doing this. Exploiting the system isn't allowed. And they do have ways of tracking this stuff and players who are doing such things.
    The most common multiaccount person most likely are pure free to play either because the game is free and they refuse to pay for it or they can't afford to spend money in it. Tight bills. But they are also altoholics that like making multiple characters. They would then make two three or four accounts to bypass the two character limit. I think cryptic doesn't punish players for this but I imagine they don't like it either as they are not getting money and they are a company that wants to make money obviously.
    Plus like I mentioned above its kinda hard to prove because those accounts could belong to family or friends living at the address. Many players that do it might not be punished for it unless its something like multiboxing or exploiting and bypassing a limit they put into place. That is where they would come in and crack down on the player or persons involved.

Just to be safe I'd just stick with two accounts. If I was you. I'd not chance it even if it was allowed to have more then two accounts.

If you're multiboxing to use accounts to run content, then yeah, of course. Using accounts in this manner would be an unfair advantage, as you could get the rewards of 5 accounts for soloing content. The answer on the linked Arc support page states that the second account has to be doing something INactive. I assume this would include such activities such as checking prices on the Auction house, making or collecting items in the workshop, or... I don't know. Checking the stats on items in collections for a different class, perhaps?

Regardless, disciplinary actions are completely up to Cryptic. If you're abusing the system, they are going to ban you. If you're creating an alt account for normal use, I'm sure they are not going to come after you with a banhammer.
    edited August 2019
    thestia said:

The most common multiaccount person most likely are pure free to play either because the game is free and they refuse to pay for it or they can't afford to spend money in it. Tight bills. But they are also altoholics that like making multiple characters. They would then make two three or four accounts to bypass the two character limit. I think cryptic doesn't punish players for this but I imagine they don't like it either as they are not getting money and they are a company that wants to make money obviously.

If you're multiboxing to use accounts to run content, then yeah, of course. Using accounts in this manner would be an unfair advantage, as you could get the rewards of 5 accounts for soloing content. The answer on the linked Arc support page states that the second account has to be doing something INactive. I assume this would include such activities such as checking prices on the Auction house, making or collecting items in the workshop, or... I don't know. Checking the stats on items in collections for a different class, perhaps?

Regardless, disciplinary actions are completely up to Cryptic. If you're abusing the system, they are going to ban you. If you're creating an alt account for normal use, I'm sure they are not going to come after you with a banhammer.
    Most people who do have multiple accounts I think do not play them at the same time if anything they just log out type in the other account name and password and relog back in if they want to play on that account. Most of them I think just keep them separate and only play one at a time. Which I think Cryptic is fine with so long as they are not gaming the system. Cryptic does allow you to play several of their mmos at the same time with one account. I can actually run sto and neverwinter at the same time But still have to switch to one or another while the other is running so you basically would become inactive in the other game If you are doing a fleet alert and you have your neverwinter character just standing away in protectors enclave or vice versa have your sto character standing on risa while you are doing a dungeon. You can even talk to people with one client and then the other client like in custom channels and pms. Something I will admit to have done in the past. Say one thing in custom channel with one character on sto and then go and say something else with another character on neverwinter. Yep totally have done that. patching one game up though lags out the other game if it is running I noticed and you can't patch games all at the same time. So that is one downfall to it. So patch day if your updating both mmos. Have to wait for the one mmo to finish then the other launcher will start updating. Might be because the launchers can basically launch all the mmos they have. So you can launch sto with neverwinter launcher and neverwinter with stos launcher. Can even update those games with the other mmos launcher.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    If you want an accurate and thorough answer to your question, please file a ticket with Customer Service and ask them directly. Relying on information from players about something of this nature is not recommended.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
This discussion has been closed.