test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

So it's been a mod, will mod 17 be worth pvping again..?

jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
So mod 16 was the first mod since mod 2 that I didn't pvp - they broke my archer - cc was insane - etc etc.

Should I start again mod 17..? As HR..?
No idea what my toon is now.

Comments

• Options
    kiraskytowerkiraskytower Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    jonkoca said:

So mod 16 was the first mod since mod 2 that I didn't pvp - they broke my archer - cc was insane - etc etc.

Should I start again mod 17..? As HR..?

Mod 17 does have some changes for PvP ...

- Stamina Regen is halved
    - Movement Speed is increased
    - Companion bonuses are removed

But the insane CC will remain and there haven't been any major changes to Archer HRs. But there's a new map and new gear to get ...
    PandorasMisfits_Logo_175_zpskpytcqxc.png
    Winter Lily (CW) / Winter Rose (DC) / Winter Ivy (HR)
    Pandora's Misfits Guild Leader
  • Options
    cilginordekcilginordek Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    They made critical severity fully effective again. Time to kill is insanely low now and stuns are unavoidable. Whoever gets the first hit wins.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    I explored the new map yesterday with a friend, quite a departure from the originals. CWs are going to have fun, and GFs too will be punting people into oblivion lol.

I joined soloQ for a while on my HR, no pop. Searched for matches, none being played. I dunno. I know the strict pve crowd would cry the house down, but an semi/obligatory pvp domination questline will probably be the only way revive pvp.
  • Options
    gweddrygweddry Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 278 Arc User
    Sadly most of what we've been promised is not working right now (disabling companions, boons, campaign). There are many other bugs such as broken rewards or control resist not working whatsoever.
    That said, PvP is in a much better spot than last mod, although healing and critical severity need to be lowered. If there is some promotion once the seasons kick off, we might see some increase in population.
    Solo queue is still pretty much the only way to play PvP, I wish it was at least solo/duo like other competitive games. Being unable to play with friends is really disheartening.
    Also, HR has at least two viable builds which actually perform very similarly, so props to the devs for that.
  • Options
    Okay, after a few days pvp, I'm happy, pvp is BACK.
  • Options
    stark760stark760 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 654 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    Just be prepared for stamina wards, or sit out, for the people running drains. Totally broken. A 4% drain turns into 34% if they've got the pvp boon maxed. Had around 10 good matches yesterday where most agreed no drains, and no bulette/pig. With glory being broken, how are guilds and players supposed to even try and build boons to combat a 30% edge, even if you want to get the drain/ward?
  • Options
    kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    Any players using drains = Hamster at this point and any guild leader supporting such player is also hamster..
    and a guild that further focused on building the pvp drain boon ,,just shameless .. with a special mention to the devs for nerfing the stamina drains 3 times but never removing them as begged for..
    s
    Post edited by kalina311 on
  • Options
    lemollenlemollen Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    The situation will only get worse when they fix glory, rewards and leaderboard. There will always be people looking to get any advantage they can get. It’s gonna drive away new people who are looking to try pvp. Pls do something about this ASAP.