test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Chult missions - where to get more than 5 totems in a quest?

prethenprethen Member Posts: 137 Arc User
I've completed all campaigns but 3 (one of them I don't know how to restart, but no biggie), the others are Chult and SKT. What's frustrating about Chult is I keep only getting the same 4 quests over and over again and they only reward 5 totems so it takes forever to progress. I've purposely progressed the middle quest line to get an additional weekly quest but I didn't actually get it nor see where I would (maybe I need to wait a week?). How do I get quests with more than 5 totems...this will take frickin' forever not to mention this is getting very old. And...one more complaint...it's annoying as hell that you have to traverse the entire map any time you need to exit. Sorry...rants done.

Comments

• Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    In zone there are only the 4 quests. All the others come from the merchant prince and his advisor if you have Omu opened. The patrols, the 2 quests for Celeste, the various weeklies you get in Port all pay totems.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    For Soshenstar, the third and fourth weeklies are given by Celeste, not the prince.

To cap your weekly haul you need to do every weekly you have unlocked, 6 patrols and 9 quests from Camp Vengeance. You can do Merchant Prince's Folly instead but Ive heard its pretty rough now.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    Since Omu isn't opened up yet...am I supposed to go somewhere else other than that Camp to get those same 4 quests? I keep going to the Hunter lure merchant area but nothing there. Merchant Prince's Folly is something I do all the time in RIQ and seems pretty doable, so not sure if that's a specific type of quest I'd need to do (nor where to get it).
  • Options
    Omu gives its own currency. It is used for the top part of the campaign.

The four quests in Camp are all there are. It's a drag but you need 45 totems from there or Folly.

Totem rewards are automatic at completion. Gold is 10, Silver is 6 IIRC. If that is doable, use those instead of Camp quests.
  • Options
    If I just have to repeat those 4 requests a gazillion times, I think I will not be moving on with Chult. At least with CA, you earned 25 Evidence of Evil for each of the same 2 quests you did over and over, and that allowed a bit more reasonable progression. I'm also using Chult as my bonus currency for Mod 16 stuff, but that still barely moves the needle.
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    Do the weeklies. You can also get from hunts. There are no quests in Hunter's Square beyond Volo's. The weeklies and patrols are your main source.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    spittfyre72spittfyre72 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    prethen said:

If I just have to repeat those 4 requests a gazillion times, I think I will not be moving on with Chult. At least with CA, you earned 25 Evidence of Evil for each of the same 2 quests you did over and over, and that allowed a bit more reasonable progression. I'm also using Chult as my bonus currency for Mod 16 stuff, but that still barely moves the needle.

So I think the same thing has happened to you that happened to me the first time I did Chult - I did not realize "Wakanga O'Tamu" gave patrol quests until maybe the second week of doing this campaign. He can be found at the very northern section of the map in the Port, and sometimes you can't see that he has a blue '!' until you are close to him. From him you pick up additional weeklies worth 25 totems (depending on how far along the campaign you are). He also gives you patrol quests, 2 new ones at the top of every hour, and you can do 6 of them a week, good for 5 totems. This can help break up the monotony of doing the other 4 quests over and over. Some of the patrol quests are in the Port, and some will be in Soshenstar. They are like mini dungeons, and I personally enjoy them.

Like all the campaigns, once you figure out the tricks, they are really very easy to finish up quickly. "Killing a hunt mark" is easily done by killing an ogre - anything with the hunt mark icon next to its name usually counts, you don't have to actually kill an actual "hunt". (Trust me, I thought this for a while at first.) There are often pairs of ogres hanging out around the camp, willing to share a femur.

I usually pick a day I can dedicate to Chult and finish it up all at once, and it can take me about an hour and a half or so, collecting up to 175 totems. But you don't have to do that, spread it out if you want. Good luck, and I hope this has been helpful!

• Options
    If you don't want to do the Camp quests over and over (understandable) there is no reason to give up on Chult. Just accept somewhat slower progress. Do the weeklies (by necessity one Camp V quest) and the 6 patrols. You will be short 40 totems minus whatever you get from Folly.

Also consider setting your Legacy/Challenge Campaign target to Chult to make up some of the difference.

When you get to Omu, it follows the same model but with refinements. Much easier and faster to cap your omen currency there.
  • Options
    Spittfyre….yep...that's the part I'm overlooking is where to get those weeklies. I'll have to look in that area of the map. Hopefully, that should break up the monotony! Thanks!
  • Options
    Thanks, Pitshade….I'll try to get back on track to nail down the campaign based on the info you guys have provided. I hate it when you have to remember that there's a quest in a part of the map that otherwise is not indicated.
  • Options
    I'm such an idiot. I can't tell you how many times I've played in Chult and not realized that I should have explored the whole Port to find the other set of quests. DOH!
  • Options
    spittfyre72spittfyre72 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    prethen said:

I'm such an idiot. I can't tell you how many times I've played in Chult and not realized that I should have explored the whole Port to find the other set of quests. DOH!

Don't feel bad at all! I did the same exact thing, and also hated Chult! As soon as I read your post I knew exactly what was going on. I really hope this helps improve your experience there. You'll have a much easier time earning totems now! :D

Oh, and once you get to Omu, you'll do the same thing with the lady standing right next to that guy. All the quests are almost exactly the same method. If you ever decide to run another character through Chult, I recommend making a patronage token. Those help out SO MUCH, and reduce the weeks of grinding you have to do!

Good luck!