test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Alchemy XP not doubled during Professions/double XP event

shadrakt2shadrakt2 Member Posts: 151 Arc User
Seems like I'm getting close to 100k XP in all profession tasks lv 62 or so, except Alchemy. Getting roughly 47k XP in those.

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,184 Arc User
    As far as I know, this event does not double any professional XP.

Get ready for the launch of Uprising and catch up on leveling, crafting, and PvP with:

2x XP – Earn double the experience for you and your companions
    2x Professions – Morale costs will be halved allowing you to do double as many profession tasks in a day. Explorer's charts yield double during this event
    2x Glory – Earn double Glory during PvP

Catch-up Event begins Thursday, August 8 at 10am PDT

Catch-up Event ends Monday, August 12 at 10am PDT

What will grant you double XP in Neverwinter during this event?

XP gained from killing creatures in game.
    XP rewards from quests.
    XP rewards from invocation.
    Companions will also gain double XP. Even if you are level 70, your companions will continue to gain double XP as you progress through the game.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • hexngone#5489 hexngone Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    Double Professions does indeed double the Profession XP. A Task that would normally give you 1000 XP for creating it gives 2000 XP during the event. This is why leveling your Artisans to 70 is much easier during the 2x Professions event. Unless you have previously recorded the XP granted by each of the items created, you might not notice the difference. Using the Training books adds an additional 50% boost on top of that ...

By 'Profession XP' we mean the experience your Artisans gain each time you make something - *not* the Experience you gain from Invoking, killing mobs, or doing quests as stated above - that is applied to your character, not the Artisan. Some of us are thankful the Player XP was removed from Professions in Mod 15 (so they don't get to 80 standing in a workshop).
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,184 Arc User

Double Professions does indeed double the Profession XP. A Task that would normally give you 1000 XP for creating it gives 2000 XP during the event. This is why leveling your Artisans to 70 is much easier during the 2x Professions event. Unless you have previously recorded the XP granted by each of the items created, you might not notice the difference. Using the Training books adds an additional 50% boost on top of that ...

By 'Profession XP' we mean the experience your Artisans gain each time you make something - *not* the Experience you gain from Invoking, killing mobs, or doing quests as stated above - that is applied to your character, not the Artisan. Some of us are thankful the Player XP was removed from Professions in Mod 15 (so they don't get to 80 standing in a workshop).

So, is allowing Profession XP to double a bug? Or, not allowing Alchemy XP to get double a bug?
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Not sure where the bug might be, but forwarded the thread for further investigation.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
    edited August 2019
    I did an experiment in batch/order mode making a level 1 JC copper ingot and a level 1 Alchemy stilled water. Both appear to have doubled the XP on delivery. I've used all my morale for the day, but will check on the water in the morning using Morale to confirm.

Here are the screen shots of the Copper/Water creations:

https://imgur.com/HmuU4Ww

https://imgur.com/6BJgrdv

From my previous research, 'normal' XP for making Black Ink (lvl 58 task) is 47287 so I would expect it to be 94574 during double XP. I'll make some tomorrow and verify.
    Confirmed issue. Black Ink produced during the Double Profession event resulted in 'normal' XP granted to the Artisan. Checking of records indicated that the 62XP for the Stilled Water was also not a doubled amount. XP doubling *is* enabled for all other professions.

https://imgur.com/3sLmZtJ
  • melotai#0794 melotai Member Posts: 271 Arc User
    I believe it does work for the production of beeswax and fish oil as when I checked on a few of my toons it seemed to be applying the x2 thing to all the alchemists I checked and as of today they are all level 70!

The lowest starting level was 25 and I did not use supplements for any of them!

The beeswax is what I produce when doing the moral thing and with the event you can currently do that 40x per day and which I did on Thursday and Friday x8! Although, today for some of them I had to use up all of the moral producing Fish Oil in order to get them the rest of the way to level 70!
  • shadrakt2shadrakt2 Member Posts: 151 Arc User

I believe it does work for the production of beeswax and fish oil as when I checked on a few of my toons it seemed to be applying the x2 thing to all the alchemists I checked and as of today they are all level 70!

So I'm guessing the XP applied to the artisans is being doubled, but the Alchemy XP applied to the player is not. In other words, leveling up artisans is faster, but leveling up the Alchemy profession is not.
    From todays Patch Notes:

"Alchemy tasks now properly, consistently, receive bonus XP from VIP rewards and Profession XP boosting events."

So, will you be granting the proper XP to all of our Alchemy artisans that made items during the past weekends 2x Professions weekend? This bug report posting was before the weekend, obviously was heeded and corrected by the patch, but was a day late to help all of us use the event to advance our artisans. You do have the log files to verify who was affected by this bug.