test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Split transmuted gear

crusthelvetecrusthelvete Member Posts: 118 Arc User
Heya NW folks!

Simple question, is it possible to split the gear that you have transmuted?
If so, how do i do this?

Greets

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    No. Not in mod 16 anyway. Mod 17 can be different but I don't know anything about that.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • crusthelvetecrusthelvete Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    As i suspected then, but i had to ask.
    ty for answer :)
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    Currently, if you want the original look, you have to find a copy of the original to use as a transmute. As it says when you Change Appearance, the item you're using for a skin gets destroyed in the process.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • flippy#8481 flippy Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    in just a few days your wish is granted because transmuted is just a look and you can turn it off again
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    If you have a transmuted piece of gear and add it to the library, you will get the transmute added to the library, but not the original look of the gear. If you want that, you need to get a "new" copy.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • midnightitamidnightita Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    adinosii said:

If you have a transmuted piece of gear and add it to the library, you will get the transmute added to the library, but not the original look of the gear. If you want that, you need to get a "new" copy.

We get the trasmute item? So if I currently have X helm transmuted to Y elm, when I'll add it to the library I will unlock Y elm? and is it for the character only or account unlock?
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited August 2019

We get the trasmute item? So if I currently have X helm transmuted to Y elm, when I'll add it to the library I will unlock Y elm? and is it for the character only or account unlock?

You unlock Y, yes - for one character. If you want it for other characters you need to obtain it again. I have several items I do not think are obtainable any more, like the wolf skin gear and the dark armor of Lolth (below), which I have transferred from one piece of gear to another several times, but it is annoying to lose them when I just switch loadouts. Now I can just put them in the library once and that's it. (and free up 40+ bank slots in the process).
    Hoping for improvements...
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Still need better underwear for that piece and the identical CW one.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother