test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Party member tag when locked out of a fight

In some boss fights when a player dies and can't be resurrected they are locked out of rejoining the fight. It would be helpful if there was some tag or visual cue in the party list to show which players are locked out.

Comments

• Options
    dionchidionchi Member Posts: 919 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    I don't know why it's programmed to when a player dies they can't return at a healing circle and immediately rejoin the fight...

I've been in instances were players feel they have to sacrifice themselves - purposefully allow their characters to be killed off - to let other players rejoin the final battle. WHY?!?

When the battle is over the gate drops anyway and players who had been excluded during the battle get to enter the arena to collect their chest. Making a gate to keep a fallen party member from re-joining the final boss fight, just makes no sense to me.
    DD~
  • Options
    namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    Bosses and their adds cannot rejoin a fight after they are defeated. Why should players be able to rejoin a fight? It would be very boring because the outcome will always be success as long as players keep coming back in.
  • Options
    edited August 2019

Bosses and their adds cannot rejoin a fight after they are defeated. Why should players be able to rejoin a fight? It would be very boring because the outcome will always be success as long as players keep coming back in.

Astute observation, bosses cannot rejoin a fight after they are defeated, but bosses, specifically the final boss can spawn infinite mobs to assist them until they're defeated, can't they?

If after defeating the mob surrounding the boss on the initial confrontation IF the boss is unable to summon more reinforcements, sure lock defeated players out of the conflict until the boss or all remaining party members are defeated - but that's not how it is.

So as long as the boss is standing they can summon mobs to fight with them, likewise players should also be allowed to re-enter the fray, at least that's how I think of it.

The whole intent and purpose behind skirmishes and dungeons is to defeat the boss - or be defeated by the boss as to whether that conflict is easy or hard largely depends on the composition of the party.

A good number of experienced or high level players the boss will usually be easily defeated, however if the number of players are inexperienced or lower level players it could be an endless cycle of the party being defeated, the boss fully recovering and the party reenters the fray only to have the boss again summon endless strings of mobs to battle the party. For me that tends to be much more boring - not to mention frustrating than confronting and defeating a boss to requeue and possibly get a more challenging instance.

So long as the boss can summon mobs to fight for them and completely recover all of their hit points without any adverse effect should the entire party be defeated - party members should be allowed to reenter the fray so long as the boss remains standing.

My ¢¢
    DD~
  • Options
    fyrstigorfyrstigor Member Posts: 299 Arc User
    Some trials lets u rejoin he fight. All skirmishes lets u rejoin the fight.

Making it the same for dungeons is possible the worst idea anyone could ever think of. Why would u want to remove all risk from a game? This would mean all dungeons always have 100% clear rate. U dont even have to build right, or play right. Cause if u did u just rejoin and the fight just takes a little longer.

If u or the people u play with are so bad or so low geared u cant complete the content u are trying. Maybe try easier content until u figure out things?
  • Options
    fyrstigor said:

Making it the same for dungeons is possible the worst idea anyone could ever think of. Why would u want to remove all risk from a game? This would mean all dungeons always have 100% clear rate. U dont even have to build right, or play right. Cause if u did u just rejoin and the fight just takes a little longer.

If u or the people u play with are so bad or so low geared u cant complete the content u are trying. Maybe try easier content until u figure out things?

Queuing random is the only way to run a dungeon or skirmish to earn AD's I believe (no AD reward for queuing for specific content anymore), and "random" is just that RANDOM. If I have a character that has completed the Tower District and want to queue for the Cloak Tower so I can get AD's to improve my character I have to queue random. Queuing any other way - no AD's.

If I as a low level queue wanting the Cloak Tower and instead get the Caverns of Karrundax or Spellplague Caverns there is a very good chance I will be too low geared to successfully complete the content or even significantly contribute to the effort. Have you ever been trapped in an endless loop of fighting the final boss, repeatedly having party members removed until all party members are out - the boss regains full health and the party reenters the conflict only to be defeated again (rinse repeat)?

Of course the thoughtless out there will try to suggest a player queue public non-random (or worse yet private), but again that is running the content without any chance to earn AD's and since I'm trying to run the content specifically to earn AD's to improve my gear, that makes no sense at all.

I never said players shouldn't be locked out of a conflict - what I did say is so long as the boss is able to produce mobs to fight for it, players should also be allowed to rejoin the fray to help out their party.

DD~
  • Options
    fyrstigorfyrstigor Member Posts: 299 Arc User
    dionchi said:

fyrstigor said:

Queuing random is the only way to run a dungeon or skirmish to earn AD's I believe (no AD reward for queuing for specific content anymore), and "random" is just that RANDOM. If I have a character that has completed the Tower District and want to queue for the Cloak Tower so I can get AD's to improve my character I have to queue random. Queuing any other way - no AD's.

If I as a low level queue wanting the Cloak Tower and instead get the Caverns of Karrundax or Spellplague Caverns there is a very good chance I will be too low geared to successfully complete the content or even significantly contribute to the effort. Have you ever been trapped in an endless loop of fighting the final boss, repeatedly having party members removed until all party members are out - the boss regains full health and the party reenters the conflict only to be defeated again (rinse repeat)?

Of course the thoughtless out there will try to suggest a player queue public non-random (or worse yet private), but again that is running the content without any chance to earn AD's and since I'm trying to run the content specifically to earn AD's to improve my gear, that makes no sense at all.

I never said players shouldn't be locked out of a conflict - what I did say is so long as the boss is able to produce mobs to fight for it, players should also be allowed to rejoin the fray to help out their party.

All epic dungeons have a free chest at the end with RADs in them. Same goes for lvl 80 skirmish and some trials. The random rewards is just a little bit extra. But u can easily cap ur RADs with just doing specific dungeons.

Level 1-80 is a tutorial. At lvl 80 the real game starts and only then do u actually need AD for improvements. Anything before u can do with just the stuff dropping from quests and enemies.

And yes i have tried ramming my head against the wall trying the same boss over and over and over again until either some people are replaced or we finally get the coordination right and beat it. It can be frustrating but its part of the game. Having the option to just reenter fights forever would ruin the game. It would remove all challenge from the game and it would no longer feel like a reward for beating the dungeon, it would be a participation trophy for being able to respawn.

So ur logic is that if the boss can spawn adds we are allowed to rejoin the fight. Lets apply that logic all around then. If the boss doesnt get healed by its adds aka party members, we shouldnt be able to either. If adds cant build threat and make us only attack them, neither should we.