test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Sexually suggestive item name in game

2»

Comments

• finmakinfinmakin Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    Today I looted (on preview) Clean pants of Halaster...... Something fishy is going on
    Ogguk The Beholder… Justicar Paladin Tank/ Healer
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

@bobgreenwade I am 54 years old and my at handle is in Swahili yet nobody gets it. Therefore I find it extremely HARD to believe anyone would be offended by this name considering the common zone chat on any given Sunday afternoon. My mother was very stern and old-fashioned, to the point I could never swear around her. One day she heard me drop the F bomb and told my husband, "Brian my daughter never cussed like that until you met her.". To which he replied, "Oh? You never talked to any of the sailors she hangs out with in the bars late at night. They told me she can do a lot better."

Name is Swahili? Awesome.
    Challenge accepted...

[Google Translate]

Swahili: Sandukutupu
    English: empty box

That... damn it.
    So many dirty jokes come to mind... is it meant to be dirty?
    Not sure if you meant it to be dirty.

Anyway, Took agrees:
    OP, lighten up.
    Not every word or phrase has a hidden dirty meaning.
    This is Cryptic, not Disney Animation.

Another word for box, is chest.
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    The Greater Arced Blade in Guild Wars got nicknamed by the players.

I think you can guess what they called it. To this day, there is a redirect on the official wiki. When you type in "P___s Sword" for a search it redirects to Greater Arced Blade.

Cultures vary around the world on sexual taboos. Tribal swords are often thought of as a phallic extension of the warrior compensation. In several nations they still have fertility festivals for adults and children. London celebrated theirs April this year and Japan had Kanamara Matsuri back in March. Most of the people I know in the US think of themselves as socially advanced, yet for most part they snicker and call sexual nature something "dirty" or tell me I have my "mind in the gutter". That phrase comes from a time when gutters were the only sewage system. In all reality, the US is very immature about the topic of sex altogether.

Empty Box is correct. When I said "nobody gets it" I meant they never translated it, so frankly I am shocked and amazed that bobgreenwade translated this item at all. It is too obvious that he is just trolling to get people talking about it in some immature fashion. If you really believe he was honestly offended, why would he have bothered posting in an open forum? If I am offended by something in the game, I would private message the developers directly and not post it up for general discussion.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    Has the OP even played the Bruenor Battlehammer quest line? They'll definitely get the vapors from having to read the quest names.
  • dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User

Has the OP even played the Bruenor Battlehammer quest line? They'll definitely get the vapors from having to read the quest names.

Battlehammer:
    "M' Pwent! M' dear Pwent! What've ye done wi' m' PWENT!"

There was some serious dwarf on dwarf bromance happening there...

Seinfeld: "... not that there's anything wrong with that."
    Costanza: "No, not at all. Dwarves' sexual preferences are their own business."

JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.