test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

USING WORKSHOP FOR GAME CURRENCIES (Gold and Astral Diamonds)

melotai#0794 melotai Member Posts: 276 Arc User
Normal adventuring used to be enough but my gold consumption seems to have outpaced what I get through normal adventuring for boons and better equipment and using the workshop to replenish gold supplies seems to work!

On occasion I have used the alchemy profession to increase my gold supply for all characters! When I do this, it is always one of the potion types that is used! The “Potion of Healing” is the one I tend to favor so far! The costs associated with the gathering skill are not accounted for in these calculations!

POTION OF HEALING RECIPE (excludes gathering costs)
960 potions x 1.88 silver per potion / 100 = about 18 gold (using instant crafting)
216 potions x 1.88 silver per potion / 100 = about 4 gold (using all slots in the level 2 workshop delivery box)

Cost: 1x purchase of 999 Still Water from vendor = 5.5 gold and 1 day of gathering Sweetgale x3!
Unmodified recurring cost for instant make is 3 silver and 16 copper * 80 which = about 2.5 gold
Unmodified recurring cost for the delivery box is 3.16 * 18 which = 0.5 gold which = a total cost of 3 gold per day allowing for a net income of 19 gold per day!

I do not consider recipes for the Potions of Greater and Major Healing to be a good choice for gold production but it does get used sometimes when all I am doing is just producing honey with my characters!

The Greater potion one allows you to instantly craft 240 potions for about 6 gold and you can add another 6 gold the slow way!

The Major Healing one allows for 184 potions the fast way (almost 7 gold) and 8+ gold the slow way!

I currently do not do the higher level ones because those ingredients are a bit on the expensive side. Also, I do not yet have any of those resources in large enough quantities for mass production!

I did partial math on making and selling the grand and exalted healing potions using unmodified values as given in the workshop:
GRAND POTION (excludes gathering costs)
120 potions x 12.5 silver per potion / 100 = 15 gold
216 potions x 12.5 silver per potion / 100 = 27 gold making for a gross profit of 41 gold.
10 x 75 silver = 7.5 gold | 18 x 75 silver = 13.50 gold making for a total expense of 20 gold and a net income of 21 gold!

EXALTED POTION (excludes gathering costs)
108 potions x 25 silver per potion / 100 = 27 gold | 216 potions x 25 / 100 = 54 so 81 gold (level 2)
108 potions x 25 silver per potion / 100 = 27 gold | 288 potions x 25 / 100 =72 so 99 gold (level 3)

9 x 1.40 = 12.6 gold | 18 x 1.4 = 25.2 gold so 37.8 gold so a net income of 43.2 gold (level 2)
9 x 1.40 = 12.6 gold | 24 x 1.4 = 33.6 gold so 46.2 gold so a net income of 52.8 gold (level 3)

Some of this is in preparation for MOD 17 so that my eight characters will have the gold to level up the Alchemy and Gathering professions without me stopping the process to acquire more gold!

I have also used the workshop to acquire AD but so far it has only been on items I have made extra of after making it for myself! I have not made any of the kits due to current AD costs to make them!

Some of the stuff I used to sell successfully at the AH is worn tools which you get for free from the workshop and regular tools that you can easily purchase from one of the vendors in protector’s enclave!

Now I just attempt to sell surplus resources I get from gathering! For me it is usually an ore of some type, beehive chips or trout that needs to be reduced from my inventory! (Having 999 x2 of an item is my usual limit for all resources!)

For the most part, just about everything I have put up on AH has sold! I used to try multiple times for some items but now whatever doesn’t sell the first time up gets sold to one of the vendors for gold!