test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

CombatLog Request

lordaeoloslordaeolos Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 167 Arc User
Would it be possible in a future update to get some more information on the Combat log?

Specifically I would like to see these values logged separately and never null/ zero length strings:

1. Base Damage
2. Crit + CA damage (no crit and no CA then 0)
3. total damage

Using just these three values we can completely isolate crit/ca from base damage and test buff/ debuffs/ effectiveness

Some of us spend hundreds of hours per year testing, and it can be difficult for us to isolate and report bugs/ broken mechanics. Having these each logged separately would really help us in the community isolate and report bugs, as well as make testing a lot easier to interpret for a wider range of the PC community. This will also allow you (the dev team) to more effectively leverage the free labor pool in the community looking to help improve the game by having more detailed bug reports. This minimal development investment could save a lot of debugging hours chasing down reported issues, allowing the team to allocate more resources to content creation (or just fixing more bugs).

**edit Base Damage would be damage before any damage multipliers (power, buffs, etc.. just weapon damage and magnitude)

"Lord Willow"
Guild Leader: Mistaken Identity (formerly Midnight Express)
My Twitch Stream
See my Youtube Channel for guides and more

"Don't ever become a pessimist... a pessimist is correct oftener than an optimist, but an optimist has more fun, and neither can stop the march of events."