test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Make the SH weapon set great again!

theraxin#5169 theraxin Member Posts: 370 Arc User
edited July 2019 in Player Feedback (PC)
So, I want to go backwards on this and first state what I think should help the set to get presence again and then, why:

First, a new tiered set should be made and rebalanced, so it can compare well to other sets. It's kind of trivial, the MC III set was laughable compared to the easily acquirable Primal.

The SH set should be bound to account, but unlockable guildwise.

Because:
-It is similar how the MC I set was acquired, from the marketplace in the guild. You can say, that people can change guilds for a minute to get it and then go back to their guild to "exploit" the system, but it's fine (for me), because it should not really exclude anyone, just make it an achievement to get unlocked.

-While it technically would hurt the MC crafters who want to sell the product, but they can still have plenty of work by MC crafting the reagents for the set for a good profit.

-Parting the costs and making the parts collectible would probably make more people wanting to get it.

-The SH set could be on-par with the best sets AND not make the game P2W, if you just demand extra reagents from the players that needs to be grinded (like the Essence of Sorrow or the scales for the Chain of scales) and tied for the new dungeon/trial. Which, if you are in guild, could be helped by your guild members.

-While this can make new weapon sets less desireable, they are not really, well, fun to get anyway. Most of it is just time-gated or time-sinking RNG, but does not really costs anything.

-It could make it upgradable tierwise (which should happens instead of releasing it 3 times with identical effect).

And for disclosure, I bought the SH I-II sets and only passed on the third, because the Primal just gave 10% and did not require 4 other member to get it. Which was really sad, because I think that set is the best thematically. Edit: I actually found the MC III set in my bank, so I might have bought it out of boredom. Still, it's in my opinion, the best set thematically.

Comments

• Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    Stronghold and MC weapons were never intended to remain bis. They may do something later and add a new set.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    Foss the MimicKing said in the latest Driftwood Tavern Twitch chat that SH armor/weapon deficit would NOT be addressed in M17 updates (that includes Master crafting). He did mention they might address it down the road - so maybe it will happen in 2020, but not this year.

The only value to them in end game now is for transmute purposes.
  • Options
    grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    greywynd said:

Stronghold and MC weapons were never intended to remain bis. They may do something later and add a new set.

All they have to do is upgrade the old armor and weapon sets so they are competitive with the level 80 Dragons. It all sounds so simple, but. . .