test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

3 mysteriously missing boons

flippy#8481 flippy Member Posts: 198 Arc User
been trying to figure out why my 3 newest toons can only achieve a maximum possible 67 boons

while my established toons have 70

found every missing boon on the campaign pages and the result remains the same -- the 3 new can only get to 67

double checked by adding up all possible boons from the campaign page in the game journal

guess what - its 67 not 70

Where are those missing 3 boons? ( and its not hidden in the master boon )

Comments

• Options
    rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    Julia said it is a bug that shows people getting 70 boons, and they are looking into fixing it, or at least looking into what is causing it. 67 is the max you can get, yes.
  • Options
    arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    Characters that have 70 boons are bugged, they only should only have 67. This was mentioned during one of the Q&A streams to be fixed at a later date.
  • Options
    motu999#9953 motu999 Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    I am not 100% sure, but I seem to remember that on mod 16 preview and a short time after mod 16 went live, the Cloaked Ascendancy (CA) Campaign gave 7 boon points, but now it only gets 4 boon points. So that could explain 3 point difference between "older" toons, that had completed CA at the beginning of mod 16 and "newer" toons...

EDIT: I found my original spreadsheet, where I calculated all boon points of all campaigns, when I was testing mod 16 preview. The spreadsheet lists 7 boon points for CA. But at some point they changed the campaign, so that it only gives 4 boon points. Not sure if this change was intended. Seems like a secret nerf to me, that invalidates the work put into the campaign to earn the original 7 boons.

Just my two cents, but in my opinion the "bug" is not, that 70 boon points are incorrect, but rather the bug is, that CA has been secretly (intentionally or non-intentionally) nerfed down from 7 to 4 boons.
  • Options
    arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User

I am not 100% sure, but I seem to remember that on mod 16 preview and a short time after mod 16 went live, the Cloaked Ascendancy (CA) Campaign gave 7 boon points, but now it only gets 4 boon points. So that could explain 3 point difference between "older" toons, that had completed CA at the beginning of mod 16 and "newer" toons...

EDIT: I found my original spreadsheet, where I calculated all boon points of all campaigns, when I was testing mod 16 preview. The spreadsheet lists 7 boon points for CA. But at some point they changed the campaign, so that it only gives 4 boon points. Not sure if this change was intended. Seems like a secret nerf to me, that invalidates the work put into the campaign to earn the original 7 boons.

Just my two cents, but in my opinion the "bug" is not, that 70 boon points are incorrect, but rather the bug is, that CA has been secretly (intentionally or non-intentionally) nerfed down from 7 to 4 boons.

Cloaked ascendancy has always been 4 boons. My guess it was a mistake in the coding for the transfer from the old to the new system. The master boons were counted, instead of being separate, so those with boons got an extra amount based on how many master boons they qualified for.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    arazith07 said:

Cloaked ascendancy has always been 4 boons. My guess it was a mistake in the coding for the transfer from the old to the new system. The master boons were counted, instead of being separate, so those with boons got an extra amount based on how many master boons they qualified for.

Thanks for the clarification. I did not do CA before mod 16, so my first exposure to it was in mod 16 preview (via the free Campaign completion tokens on the preview server). I am certain, however, having consulted the notes I did during preview testing, that on preview CA gave 7 boon points. Because of that, I calculated 70 boon points total. So it seems rather clear to me, that the source of the bug is the discrepancy between the 4 boon points today (and according to your clarification also 4 boon points in mod 15 and all previous mods) and the temporary 7 boon points during mod 16 preview - and likely shortly after mod 16 went live.

• Options
    I did a post on March 3 in this thread:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/comment/13084015

where I added up all boon points (according to the current build on mod 16 preview). In the post I explicitly mentioned, that CA gives 7 boon points. So - unless I am getting rusty - CA actually gave 7 boon points in February/March 2019 (in at least one of the preview builds).
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,220 Arc User

I did a post on March 3 in this thread:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/comment/13084015

where I added up all boon points (according to the current build on mod 16 preview). In the post I explicitly mentioned, that CA gives 7 boon points. So - unless I am getting rusty - CA actually gave 7 boon points in February/March 2019 (in at least one of the preview builds).

Based on the lingering information of the now defunc Neverwinter alternative fan site (which I cannot post the link here), its old post time stamped Feb 2017 said:

The boons look solid. There’s some utility with mob CC or AP gain for allies, 3,000 Hit Points and a few more stats. The first three can be acquired in any order, choices again. From the last tier “Planar Vitality” looks strong, which lets players regain 8,000 HP on a deflect. If that thing procs every time, PVP will become even more of a tactical chess match.

It implies there were "First three" plus one from the last tier.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***