test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Gith Race Coming

mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
I was hoping for a new class and not a new race. I wonder if this race will be OP at launch. It is at least something new in the realm of race or class. Hopefully the mod after this we can finally get a new class.

Comments

• arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    I'm guessing it will be +2 INT and choice of +2 STR or WIS. 10% control resist, and either something in line with dragonborn if paid or some other bonus if free. This is just looking at the Gith races in 5e.
  • mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    Rainbow Ancestry Gith, put in a lockbox, or sell it separately for 10-20k Zen.
    I'l buy it day one...
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    edited July 2019

Rainbow Ancestry Gith, put in a lockbox, or sell it separately for 10-20k Zen.
    I'l buy it day one...

My bet is that there will be two gith races. One will be the free one and the other will come in a pack with a mount, companion, etc for 6K zen. One race will provide +2 to Int and the other +2 to Str with both getting +2 to pick from between two other stats.

As for bonus; I think one will have a buff to power and a small debuff and the other will have a bigger debuff with a lower buffing stat. These are all guesses ATM.

I just hope that there are no LB gith; that would be just stupid; however, it wouldn't surprise me to see a Mythical mount with this mod.
  • pteriaspterias Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 661 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    I also think there will be 2 Gith races. The main "free" one will be the Githzerai, while the later "freemium" one will be Githyanki. Both are highly Intelligent, but Githzerai focus on Wisdom and Dexterity, while Githyanki focus on Strength. If they ever put out an "Eldritch Knight" class (yeah right), Githyanki would be perfectly suited for it (and, not coincidentally, the original Githyanki "Gish" class is what inspired Eldritch Knights in the first place). Meanwhile, Githzerai would be a perfect fit for a new Monk class.
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    pterias said:

I also think there will be 2 Gith races. The main "free" one will be the Githzerai, while the later "freemium" one will be Githyanki. Both are highly Intelligent, but Githzerai focus on Wisdom and Dexterity, while Githyanki focus on Strength. If they ever put out an "Eldritch Knight" class (yeah right), Githyanki would be perfectly suited for it (and, not coincidentally, the original Githyanki "Gish" class is what inspired Eldritch Knights in the first place). Meanwhile, Githzerai would be a perfect fit for a new Monk class.

It seems like there will be one Gith race. It will be free for the first two weeks of mod 17 for VIP members. Than free for the next two weeks for all players. After that time it will come only in a pack.

IMO they should have created two races one free and one premium. The premium I would have given it a % dmg increase like the dragon born race and stamina regen.

As far as the free part goes; that works great if you want to race reroll an older character or if you want to create a new character. I have an unused character spot so it will probably be for a Gith; though not sure what class to create for a Gith character. I may go Rogue or Barbarian.
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    Re: Gith race coming...

Buy your Adamantium Pants now!