test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Issues when leveling for new players

jimmypdtjimmypdt Member Posts: 121 Arc User
edited July 2019 in PvE Discussion
So I have been leveling a new HR without any boosts or help. Basically acting like a fresh player to the game and here are some issues I have noticed.

1) The is a large difficulty spike at around the late 30s early 40s level. Starts around the zone "pirate skyhold". The enemies are not too bad but boss fights are almost impossible unless you have a really good knowledge of the game and mechanics.

2) You get no companion gear while leveling. This is an issue since we can no long use normal gear on our companion. I would recommend adding in a few pieces while leveling if possible.

3) The 9 chapter questline given by Captain Belgold in PE at level 60 cannot be completed since the first quest gives you level 70 enemies when you are level 60. An adjustment needs to be made to make this doable.

4) I didn't try it but I assume its the same as my last point. The quest to get your class sigil would most like have the same enemy issue but again i have not tested this so if someone has please let the Devs know.

5) I noticed this only once but for an HR at level 64 a new class feature unlocks but you cannot use it (equip that feature) until the next level at 65.

These are the big points that stood out while leveling a new character. I hope this helps. I wish you the best.

**Arcturia is impossible to kill with the gear from the undermountain on a HR. She would take about 60-75% of my HP with one of her "black things she places on the ground" (I don't know the name off the top of my head). Her output damage needs to be adjusted by about 10% I think.
Post edited by jimmypdt on

Comments

• joe7777joe7777 Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    The solution to #3 would probably be to make the quest available at Lv70, but Maze Engine for the most part is Lv60 enemies so yeah they might wanna fix that.

Sigil quest was always Lv60 before mod 16 so I do not see how that would be changed, no reason for it to be.

New Powers being unlocked upon leveling up and not being able to slot them is a bug far as I'm concerned. The way to fix it though is change instances.
  • jimmypdtjimmypdt Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    Sigil quest starts at level 60 but the enemies are level 70 pre-MOD 16. I was just assuming it would be the same.
  • joe7777joe7777 Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    I don't recall them being Lv70 in Mod 15. Pretty sure they were 60.
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    All of your issues should not even be a thing for a game that is over 6 years old, even after a major update. These type of issues are all do to the developers and testers not properly ensuring a smooth transition from level 1 to level 80.

Companion gear should be available through leveling as you stated. I would state every 10 levels you get new companion gear. I would add level 60-70 companion gear to the EE campaign.