test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Professions: Making it better (long read) part 2

underhand001underhand001 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
Don’t get mad at me if you played the game you would know that these are questions or statements that are said all the time. Now I am sure that your programmers are the best for what you are paying them to do. And I don’t know if there is a place that gamers can go to see the list of bugs that you know about and where they sit in the queue to be worked and how soon they will be fixed. The people I roll with don’t seem to have access to this information. But back to Professions, how to upgrade white workers to blue and blue workers to purple. Well that is a good question and I am so glad that you took the time to ask, you would use books that you could then sell on the Zen store, or even have for give a ways for evens where real people spend real money for this real game. Mind blowing right, I know it came to be while I was taking a dump, just imagine what I can do when I really try. Now this will mean that you have different level of books that you can use think of them as Tome of Experience, White Tomes have a lower chance of upgrade, meaning you sent them to school but it was not a very good school, Blue Tomes are middle level, meaning it was a good school and they have a 50/50 chance of upgrade (they worked at it and learned or then just went to parties and F-ed off the whole time), and Purple Tomes, which are a 100% chance of upgrade, NO FAIL chance. Now once upgraded you will have to pay them more money so the Commission and Speed Multiplier can change as they are better workers now. People always want more money if they are good at their jobs, you don’t get paid the same as the person working at Burger King flipping burgers do you, and there is nothing wrong with flipping burgers it is a great starter job or one to go to if you don’t want the stress of a higher paying job. So now we have covered upgrading and I don’t think it was all that hard or out of the world of thinking.
Adjustments: What does that mean? Think of it as more Tomes where you can then lower or raise something, like Tome of Speed Multiplier in which you can then increase the speed of you worker and you can have once again white, blue, and purple Tomes for this and put % on the upgrade for each and example you cannot use a white tome on a worker that already has a Speed Multiplier that equal to or greater than 25%, Blue and Purple Tomes you can work this out, but they can give a % upgrade example again would be white 1-5%, blue 5-10%, purple 10-15%. And you could sell then on the Zen market and have them in even give a ways. Yes I know at this point there are some people that would say that it is changing the game to a pay to when. Really when is there a game that in some way or shape that is not a pay to win? The people the work on this game the programmers and people like what they are calling Devs need to make money and the servers that this game run on are not free either, but if you are able to convert AD to Zen then you also will be able to buy them so you don’t have to pay real money, and all TOMEs should be UNBOUND so that they can be should on the Tarmalune Trade House (auction house). The same Tomes should be for Commission Multiplier, where you can then lower the amount of money that you are paying that worker. See Professions: Making it better (long read) part 3, sorry limitations on how long a post can be

Comments

• Options
    johonxgaltjohonxgalt Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    Lack of paragraphs - Difficult to read
    Fact that you did this while taking a dump - Priceless!
  • Options
    grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User

Don’t get mad at me if you played the game you would know that these are questions or statements that are said all the time. Now I am sure that your programmers are the best for what you are paying them to do. And I don’t know if there is a place that gamers can go to see the list of bugs that you know about and where they sit in the queue to be worked and how soon they will be fixed. The people I roll with don’t seem to have access to this information. But back to Professions, how to upgrade white workers to blue and blue workers to purple. Well that is a good question and I am so glad that you took the time to ask, you would use books that you could then sell on the Zen store, or even have for give a ways for evens where real people spend real money for this real game. Mind blowing right, I know it came to be while I was taking a dump, just imagine what I can do when I really try. Now this will mean that you have different level of books that you can use think of them as Tome of Experience, White Tomes have a lower chance of upgrade, meaning you sent them to school but it was not a very good school, Blue Tomes are middle level, meaning it was a good school and they have a 50/50 chance of upgrade (they worked at it and learned or then just went to parties and F-ed off the whole time), and Purple Tomes, which are a 100% chance of upgrade, NO FAIL chance. Now once upgraded you will have to pay them more money so the Commission and Speed Multiplier can change as they are better workers now. People always want more money if they are good at their jobs, you don’t get paid the same as the person working at Burger King flipping burgers do you, and there is nothing wrong with flipping burgers it is a great starter job or one to go to if you don’t want the stress of a higher paying job. So now we have covered upgrading and I don’t think it was all that hard or out of the world of thinking.

Adjustments: What does that mean? Think of it as more Tomes where you can then lower or raise something, like Tome of Speed Multiplier in which you can then increase the speed of you worker and you can have once again white, blue, and purple Tomes for this and put % on the upgrade for each and example you cannot use a white tome on a worker that already has a Speed Multiplier that equal to or greater than 25%, Blue and Purple Tomes you can work this out, but they can give a % upgrade example again would be white 1-5%, blue 5-10%, purple 10-15%. And you could sell then on the Zen market and have them in even give a ways. Yes I know at this point there are some people that would say that it is changing the game to a pay to when. Really when is there a game that in some way or shape that is not a pay to win? The people the work on this game the programmers and people like what they are calling Devs need to make money and the servers that this game run on are not free either, but if you are able to convert AD to Zen then you also will be able to buy them so you don’t have to pay real money, and all TOMEs should be UNBOUND so that they can be should on the Tarmalune Trade House (auction house). The same Tomes should be for Commission Multiplier, where you can then lower the amount of money that you are paying that worker. See Professions: Making it better (long read) part 3, sorry limitations on how long a post can be

Answers:Upgrading Artisans
    • For Bug Reports go to the PC Computer, Bug Reports tab.
    • No promotion from White to Blue to Purple available at this time, New Programmer and they didn't think about this
    • Old system was 16 whites = 4 Blues = 1 Purple
    • The Old System of Purples are always better than Blue and Blues are always better than White is NOT ALWAYS TRUE in the new Professions
    • The Tomes is a neat idea, but needs a lot of work to make it to the point(s) of exactly what you want done and exactly how you want it done, If you can do this (and I've done it TWICE) then the programmers can get it done in a couple of days. This will make both the programmers and the players happy
    Answers: Adjustmants
    • In part 1 I came up with an alternate system for upgrading Commission and Speed (Ruffles and Florishes of Trumpets)
    • My system did this too over a looooonnnnnnnnggg time
    • Chances the Tomes become BtC - Excellent
    • Chances the Tomes become BtA - Excellent
    • Chances the Tomes are unbound - Fair to Poor
    • Server space is the problem, it's limited and, as a player, you have to come up with really concrete and Good ideas the programmers can say "We can do this" and "It won't use much space." to
    • Don't worry about the Programmers and Devs working, there were SO MANY BUGS in Mod 16 that one patch notes was 19 printed pages long. (most have been 1-2 pages) Once they get all the bugs for Mod 16 done then there are bugs all the way back to Mod 2 to finish.
    • Right now the ability to Buy Zen with AD is VERY, VERY limited and could take weeks or months
    • Selling Zen takes less than a second.
    • Why not sell the Tomes on the Wondrous Bazaar and not have to wait months or weeks for the Zax exchange to convert your AD to Zen
    • Can't wait for part 3