test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Account log

Can i log 2 accounts at same time ? i'm seeing players saying that it is possible to ban but why ? i don't see nothing ilegal and i'm not doing exploit...

let me guess... cryptic?
why am i still wasting time here if devlopers do not answers our questions and dot not care about what we ask? no sense....

Comments

• Options
    percemerpercemer Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 1,048 Arc User
    Hello @metaleiro#1139,

Thanks for contacting us. Basically, Perfect World tolerates that players can have multiple accounts. However, Perfect World does not encourage the use of multiple accounts. You can read the terms of service here. The Customer Support team may, at their own discretion, take actions if they believe that accounts does not respect these terms and exploit the game.

Regards,
    Percemer
    EU Community Manager @ Gearbox Publishing
    ----------
    Neverwinter: Discord - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - Customer Support - Terms of Service
  • Options
    apollo#5199 apollo Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    There are 2 issues here that I think are getting mixed up. One is if one can have 2 accounts (or more?) and the other is, if one can play both at the same time as a single player (its another case if 2 ppl play from 2 PCs from the same IP). Understanding that no one said, not to have 2 accounts, that means we are focusing about the simultaneous log of 2 accounts.

I think that dual logging is in general not a good idea to be allowed, without being absolute, as it mostly points to misuse. As an example, if you dual log and dual queue and given the fact you can only play on one account at any given time (and I assume you will set the other on follow), that means in a dungeon run it will be essentially 4 players which will make the run harder for everyone, but only you will gain from it while making it unfair and harder for the others.

Given also the fact that, most gears are bound to char/account so there is no "sending to the other account", other than AD farming, what is the real benefit of running 2 acc at the same time? What can you gain that you can't by playing one account at a time? Can you give us an example or two?
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,220 Arc User
    edited July 2019

they mean you can have multiple accounts, but you can't be logged into more than one account at a time, and say, if you use account2 to earn ad that you use to buy things from account 1, as a means of getting past the ad refinement cap for account 1, they'd consider that to not be ok. or if you used account 2 to join a queue group with account 1, so that you could shut down attempts to kick account 1, that would also not be ok. the ability to do things like that when logged into 2 accounts at the same time leads to the presumption that logging into multiple accounts at the same time is an attempt, in some way, to get 'round the tos, or restrictions the devs have placed in the game.

on the other hand, making a second account because you can't afford to put spending into character slots, and simply switching account to change to a different class , while not exactly 'intended' behaviour, would be the sort of situation they'd tolerate someone having multiple accounts for.

Finally someone that can explain this and do not say to me to read that big topic just for one simple question.

So, i can have for example 2 accounts but the ad or itens that i farm in my alt account i can't send it o my main account?
    OMG i think cryptic will need to ban 99% of the players and close the server in all plataforms.
    1. You are not entitled to have more than 1 account. They just do not enforce that.
    2. Yes, there were people banned in the past for moving big ticket items or big amount of AD (through AH) among accounts.
    3. Most users would spend a few bucks/few Zen to buy the character slot. It is just too much pain to move stuff among accounts. When it is on-sale, it could be as cheap as 50 cents.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    dionchidionchi Member Posts: 919 Arc User
    Simply - Having more than one account is allowed attempting to use multiple accounts to exploit the game in any way, is reason to have that account banned.

I don't think it can be put any more simply than that.
    DD~
  • Options
    namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User

I can gain time, for exempl that dungeon in dread ring if i do with 2-3 accs is more faster you understand?

It is also cheating. Understand?

When I see a double-AFK, I already know kick is not possible. I give them my special treatment of disconnecting from the run. Then they have to wait 5 minutes to kick me. And if there is any justice, the person replacing me is another player looking to leech.
  • Options
    percemerpercemer Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 1,048 Arc User

You should be here to anwser our questions and not blocking peoples comments.

I didn't block anything at all. Automatic moderation from Vanilla's forum maybe did something, but I don't know and don't have access to check this.
    I do not see what more I could say, I told you what Perfect World's statement was. If you have any further questions, we invite you to contact the Customer Support team.
    Percemer
    EU Community Manager @ Gearbox Publishing
    ----------
    Neverwinter: Discord - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - Customer Support - Terms of Service
  • Options
    namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User

i'm not saying in dread legion but that dungeon that you enter with one key and farm enchanting stone +5

That is still kind of cheating because people do not normally have access to the same technique. At least this kind of farming is out of sight and does not affect others.
  • Options

they mean you can have multiple accounts, but you can't be logged into more than one account at a time, and say, if you use account2 to earn ad that you use to buy things from account 1, as a means of getting past the ad refinement cap for account 1, they'd consider that to not be ok. or if you used account 2 to join a queue group with account 1, so that you could shut down attempts to kick account 1, that would also not be ok. the ability to do things like that when logged into 2 accounts at the same time leads to the presumption that logging into multiple accounts at the same time is an attempt, in some way, to get 'round the tos, or restrictions the devs have placed in the game.

on the other hand, making a second account because you can't afford to put spending into character slots, and simply switching account to change to a different class , while not exactly 'intended' behaviour, would be the sort of situation they'd tolerate someone having multiple accounts for.

Finally someone that can explain this and do not say to me to read that big topic just for one simple question.

So, i can have for example 2 accounts but the ad or itens that i farm in my alt account i can't send it o my main account?
    OMG i think cryptic will need to ban 99% of the players and close the server in all plataforms.
    1. You are not entitled to have more than 1 account. They just do not enforce that.
    2. Yes, there were people banned in the past for moving big ticket items or big amount of AD (through AH) among accounts.
    3. Most users would spend a few bucks/few Zen to buy the character slot. It is just too much pain to move stuff among accounts. When it is on-sale, it could be as cheap as 50 cents.
    But with char slot you can't get ad from random bonus more that 1 time....

They put a limit there and you try to workaround their limit.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options

yeah, me, you and all the server
    Not me. I don't even do RQ.
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User

you could just tell me what part is about accounts, i'm not going to look there, too much to find or you can just answer to us this 2 questions, do we get ban if we play with 2 acc at same time ? and if i farm ad in one account and send to my main account am i possible to get ban too ? please be sincere, i'm glad that for a miracle one staff guy is answering questions now.

To be fair, you should have read the ToS before you ever agreed and downloaded the game.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    edited July 2019

yeah, me, you and all the server
    Not me. I don't even do RQ.

yeah everyone is leal now : )

Well, I have been saying that since before RQ became official.