test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Non-augment companions = useless

Ran Dread Region twice. First with legendary con artist summoned; the second time with legendary goat (everyone has a bulette pup!)

Did over 2X damage with augment pet summoned than with combat pet...

(PS: this was not a scientific experiment. I know we have to adjust for other factors, but the spread is large.)

Are there "stronger" combat pets?

Comments

• Options
    mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User

Ran Dread Region twice. First with legendary con artist summoned; the second time with legendary goat (everyone has a bulette pup!)

Did over 2X damage with augment pet summoned than with combat pet...

(PS: this was not a scientific experiment. I know we have to adjust for other factors, but the spread is large.)

Are there "stronger" combat pets?

The issue with a defensive/striker/healing companion vs. augment is that you lose out on stats when not using the augment. You also have lower stats when the companion is not next to you as well; so many players are simply going for augment.

If the damage/threat/healing of the standard companions improves and if the player could receive the bonus stat without needing to be near the companion there would be an increase in value for these companions.

At one point these companions were a bit to strong and than the devs adjusted them and made them useless. I think companions need additional tweaks to be more effective. Just like companion bonus need further adjustments as well to make some of them better.

Owlbear cub is an example of one that is just garbbage, even with it being fixed it has around a 5% chance to proc overall.