test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How to turn off Fast Launch

eddiestormeddiestorm Member Posts: 28 Arc User
The patcher has a fast launch option under settings. This will automatically launch the game without having to click play. I want to disable this. However the game launches before I can disable this. Any ideas on how I can turn it off?

Comments

• Options
    dionchidionchi Member Posts: 919 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    Congratulations on your fast internet speed and fast computer...

I had the same problem and for me persistence was the key, just repeatedly clicking options and trying to click fast launch when the game started till I got it...
    ;)
    DD~
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,218 Arc User
    Before you login. Click "Options" and change it. Then, login. Then, click play.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    dionchidionchi Member Posts: 919 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    Actually @eddiestorm one of the best times to make this change after the game had been updated and while the launcher is updating... (Just remembered that).
    DD~
  • Options
    texan#4758 texan Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Arc/Neverwinter_en/neverwinter/live *on my pc anyway* delete the folders x64 and x86..run the game as usual * it will not start but you will be at the screen to go to options and toggle fast launch off..be sure to save then exit and restore the files from your recycle bin and your good to go...enjoy :)
  • Options
    hurter#6774 hurter Member Posts: 1 New User
    Thanks Tex finally something that works
  • Options
    eddiestormeddiestorm Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    ok finally found a better answer. Edit the registry
    Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cryptic\Neverwinter\AutoLaunch change it to 0
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,218 Arc User
    edited May 2022

ok finally found a better answer. Edit the registry
    Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cryptic\Neverwinter\AutoLaunch change it to 0

That is what I posted in 2019 does internally.

Before you login. Click "Options" and change it. Then, login. Then, click play.

The game won't try to launch or patch before you login.
    Wait! Are you using Arc to launch?
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***