test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Augementation pets benefit from runestones?

prethenprethen Member Posts: 137 Arc User
If I further enchant runestones for my Owl Bear Cub, does it help at all since the benefit is to transfer some portion of stats to the character and the augmentation already is about transferring benefits?

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    I assume you are talking about bonding runestone instead of just runestone which can be used in companion equipment.
    Bonding runestone will do its job on top of what augmentation pet does.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • prethenprethen Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    Yes, I meant bonding runestones which state the pets statistics are transferred to owner...just now sure what that means in relation to what an augmentation pet already does.
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    Augment(100%) +3x r15 bonding stones (210%) = 310% of pet stats transferred to you (except HP) (can get more with comp influence)

So 15k power on the pet will end up being 46.5k power added to your character in the above situation vs 31.5k power with a non-augment
  • picar66picar66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    Augment gives 100% stats to char, bondings gives at rank15 70% on top, so augment pet gives you 310% stat values.
    It never dies, but it never fights, so insignia words pushing fighting companion arent working.

Companion influence raises stat values, but only calculated for white level companion.
    An augment has 1000 stat values in each categorie(power,krit,arpen…) at white base level, so companion influence is calulated from these 1000 values not honor level up companion.
    An orange augment has 8000 stat values in each categorie + 3 of them with 1000 extra points (differs from augment to augment).
    It would be nice when companion influence is calculated of real base stats (1000 white, 2000 green, 4000 blue, 6000 purple and 8000 orange), but devs answered my question if this behavior of calculating with 1000 white level base value is WAI with: there is no issue with companion influence.
    So it must be a hidden bug or WAI.
    IMHO its a bug, cause level up an companion is realy expensive and should give more value from companion influence as a result.
  • zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    I think comp influence working off of base was an age-old bug. Now it is not. Reason... base stats are higher & comp influence can go higher than before.

With a Legendary Augment & 3 r15 bonding stones:
    each 1% of companion influence increases 10 of your stats by about 62 points each. (2,000 stats * 1% * 3.1 = 62 points each).

If they increase this... then Dark enchantments will be giving out too many stats. They already give twice as much as the other enchantments... but since its evenly distributed... most of it is wasted in top-end characters.
  • divectoredivectore Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    picar66 said:

Augment gives 100% stats to char, bondings gives at rank15 70% on top, so augment pet gives you 310% stat values.
    It never dies, but it never fights, so insignia words pushing fighting companion arent working.

Companion influence raises stat values, but only calculated for white level companion.
    An augment has 1000 stat values in each categorie(power,krit,arpen…) at white base level, so companion influence is calulated from these 1000 values not honor level up companion.
    An orange augment has 8000 stat values in each categorie + 3 of them with 1000 extra points (differs from augment to augment).
    It would be nice when companion influence is calculated of real base stats (1000 white, 2000 green, 4000 blue, 6000 purple and 8000 orange), but devs answered my question if this behavior of calculating with 1000 white level base value is WAI with: there is no issue with companion influence.
    So it must be a hidden bug or WAI.
    IMHO its a bug, cause level up an companion is realy expensive and should give more value from companion influence as a result.

that was companion influence in mod 15, mod 16 now works properly.