test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Runic Encounters. Am I missing something?

I was running Runes last night, and between two encounters I had a tinker with my build.
Quite by accident I dropped my new Main and Off and loaded up with 2 older weapons with no enchants.
The next Runic Encounter started and I was on my own.
I started hitting things but obviously was doing far less damage than before, but I noticed that that didn't matter. In fact I was rolling low damage into the mobs and the runes were just dropping into my bank.
I was getting far more runes for doing less damage... of course when the rest of the gang got back from the encounter I;d skipped it was back to chasing stuff to get a smack in before they got one shot by someone.

Am I just realising that killing stuff slowly is the better way of running these things, or is this a Rogue issue cos of Duellist's Flurry? It just seems that everyone thinks that one shot slamming as many mobs as possible is the way to go.
I mean... I get that with Barbarians, that's the only way they know how to do anything... but it just seems that standing still repeatedly hitting the same mob for loads of low damage hits is much more efficient than running round landing one or two blows then running after another one or two hits...

Any thoughts?

Comments

• shadowedsphynxshadowedsphynx Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    The essence chance to drop is tied to your hits, not your kills, so taking more hits to kill an enemy actually gives you more chances at drops. It's best to just run in there and stick to your at-wills to get more drops.
  • mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User
    That's what I thought.
    I wonder how long it took for that to filter down for the majority of PC players?
    Maybe it never did?
    And how long before we on console see Barbarians taking a more subtle approach to hitting things in Runic Encounters?
    (I'm kidding... that's not happening. Ever.)