test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Zen mount request

jokern9929jokern9929 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
Would love to see a hoverboard mount. Kinda like from the movie back to the future.

Comments

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,090 Arc User
    Tenser's Floating Disc. Beyond that, would really like nothing scientific/steam-punk ever added to the game.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • darpendragondarpendragon Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    > @jokern9929 said:
    > Would love to see a hoverboard mount. Kinda like from the movie back to the future.

If you really want hoverboards, I suggest you try STO. The summer event is about to start and you can earn tokens by playing various minigames through out the event, which you can use to buy various hoverboards and other mostly cosmetic items.

As greywynd says, sci-fi items don't really belong in a D&D setting. The closest thing to a hoverboard in D&D is Tenser's Floating Disc, which you could find in the auction house.
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    greywynd said:

Tenser's Floating Disc. Beyond that, would really like nothing scientific/steam-punk ever added to the game.

Apparatus of Kwalish…
  • jokern9929jokern9929 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    > @greywynd said:
    > Tenser's Floating Disc. Beyond that, would really like nothing scientific/steam-punk ever added to the game.

If you can have a flying broom, you should be able to have hoverboards, come on man. Not too mention the part in lomm / You are in space fighting witches. Can't get any more sci-fi than that.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    edited June 2019

> @greywynd said:

> Tenser's Floating Disc. Beyond that, would really like nothing scientific/steam-punk ever added to the game.

If you can have a flying broom, you should be able to have hoverboards, come on man. Not too mention the part in lomm / You are in space fighting witches. Can't get any more sci-fi than that.

Flying broom is Sci-fi?? Which Sci-fi tv show or movie had that?
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • jokern9929jokern9929 Member Posts: 7 Arc User

> @greywynd said:

Flying broom is Sci-fi?? Which Sci-fi tv show or movie had that?
    You are missing the point. No one said the broom was futuristic. Anyway you could always go with this idea, hoverboard is floating cause of magical powers if you wanna avoid that -sci fi theme-
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    Tenser's disc IS the D&D equivalent of a hoverboard, so yay, you're wish is granted. If you want something less flashy, get that weird crab mount - the riding animation is more or less the same.

You are missing the point. No one said the broom was futuristic. Anyway you could always go with this idea, hoverboard is floating cause of magical powers if you wanna avoid that -sci fi theme-

Then get a Tenser's or a broom and call it good.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • dionchidionchi Member Posts: 915 Arc User
    edited June 2019

greywynd said:

Apparatus of Kwalish…
    Gnomes and Dwarfs are both D&D races and both attributed with building mechanical automatons of varying degrees of success, smoke, fire, clanking and explosions...

The Apparatus is not something I'd personally consider a "steampunk-power" item per-se... but maybe that's just me.
    DD~
    Depends on what and which world as to how much dwarves and gnomes can do.
  • zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    Duergar Cannon (mount) ?
    Compensating for something?