test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

mod 16 Random Queue experiences

Yesterday, I decided to try out the random queues. First off i am a level 80 paladin tank 22k and change gearscore with hitting all the caps presently with 130k power and 340k hp, im really disliking the changes but it flows alright once you figure out powers. So it doesn't feel as clunky as some of my alts, the damage is just terrible and everything seems to take forever.
Alright, tangent over. The leveling queue was interesting with 5 players, I went in random and ran through Frozen heart without much incident. Next I formed a solid group of level 80 players from my alliance and we went after RIQ and RAQ. the first attempt at RIQ landed us in Tiamat which was absolutely awful, we barely managed to kill 1 head and by the 3rd round everyone was abandoning. So we reformed queued again and landed in CN, I had flashbacks of a 3 years ago when I tanked CN, pre the big Orcus nerf. With 340k hp and my defense stats all on point Orcus was knocking the heck out of my health going through my shield and a big chunk of my hp, taking me down below 20% health multiple time. I dropped once during the fight and I'm not sure if it was due to the green orbs popping on top of me or Orcus. Anyway he was taking out my 170k hp shield and easily 300k of my health. With hits of that nature it isn't hard to imagine Orcus being able to 1 shot tanks again. So keep that in mind tanks, my defense is 73k, deflect 70k, critical Avoidance 68k, and Awareness is just over 72k.
Last we queued the RAQ and were unfortunate enough to get CR, I say unfortunate largely because of Strahd. The sisters fight was not nearly as bad as I expected and once the 2 players that hadn't run it before caught up to the learning curve it wasn't awful. I went down twice, my own fault for trying to explain the mechanics and not paying attention to stacks. The statue wasn't an issue and other than the church which zooming through to the alter is not something I would recommend, we just don't move fast enough anymore.
Strahd was a nightmare, and we discovered that you can only be resurrected 5 times before being dead regardless of whether you are picked up or scroll.
With the changes to movement speed its all but impossible to out distance the clones when you are pulled to the bottom and on top you have to time your run between the clones with the red circles, kill one, wait for the red, once it fires run like hell and pray you make it to the next one. Really missing the movement speed on this, no buffs for the group or dependable shields, paladin bubble only protects 1 person and shield of faith doesn't last long enough. the whole fight is a nightmare, it may really need to be looked at, just way to much red to avoid and the longer you take killing the upper clones the more executioners you get below.
That's my experience, I'd be interested in finding out others experiences on console as well. let's share the knowledge and help ourselves and the developers figure out what works.

As always thanks for reading my post.

thanks,
Vigilante

Comments

• Options
    sgtpostal#4408 sgtpostal Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    havent tried the leveling ones yet but tried riq an raq....... raq.... (laughs) got mspc once... tank left right off before the frst mob fight.....i managed to get the grp almost all the way to kabol before smebdy else abandoned then i calld it quits bc i was top dps had been in there 20min already an barely had 8mil dps
    as for the riq....... got mpf once took 20min to do an i died more then 5 times (which is bad bc till mod16 i rarely kickd the bucket in there) we finished wit a silver n nobdy but me had over 5mil dps the second time i tried riq i ended up in bank heist.... omg that was horrible... lost the vault died 14 times cme out on top wit 16mil an second didnt evn hav 8 an not to mention... it took longer to do this one than it did to do mpf... 30min.....
    since mod 16 i hav yet to reach my 100k ad rad refine cap bc of the exp's ive had in random q's
    i dont mind alot of the changes they brought in with this mod but the biggest problem i hav is with the new combat system no not the mechanics (i know them) but the combat itself... its all so slow now the cool downs on encounters an my dailies... omg im talkin mayb once evry 5 min.... its all just too slow now utterly mortifying
  • Options
    droidonroids#1509 droidonroids Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    Dropped into Bank Heist-gameplay so slow we time out and group ditches

Tiamat random can’t get past second head

Some campaigns My SW can go in and blow up stuff and others like my stronghold is a battle, getting tired of eating stones of health like candy