test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scroll of life (mass life) changes

This may have already been covered someplace but my time is limited. I recently ran CR in mod 16 and discovered that scrolls of mass life resurrect you with sickness, that scroll or not you can be picked up 5 times and then you are dead. Is this intentional or is there a bug with the scrolls? If its a 5 and done situation the scrolls are completely pointless now and I wish I had spent my trade bars elsewhere. I can just as well use tears of baphomet as they are everywhere and dirt cheap.
I'm just looking for some clarification as to whether the scrolls are supposed to be giving resurrection sickness or if its just one of the many bugs in mod 16.
Thank you for taking the time to read this, and for any replies. I hope to be able to check back later today or tomorrow. Life is so hectic

Vigilante

Comments

• frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
  • vigilante#2764 vigilante Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    Bummer, scrolls are now a waste of tradebars and zen, I think they are in the zen market. I personally feel this is a terrible change. I've spent a number of scrolls in new dungeons figuring out mechanics for different areas at different times.
    I hope this is reconsidered, especially in light of scrolls costing zen and tradebars. It would seem that if you are paying for something like that it should be more of a benefit than someone just picking you up. my opinion of course.
    Thank you @frozenfirevr
  • tassedethe13tassedethe13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    When you are dead, and the tank is busy tanking, and the heal is busy healing, and dps busy dpsing in the 5-second frame windows where they can burst, be glad to have scroll of life.
  • dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    > @vigilante#2764 said:
    > Bummer, scrolls are now a waste of tradebars and zen, I think they are in the zen market. I personally feel this is a terrible change. I've spent a number of scrolls in new dungeons figuring out mechanics for different areas at different times.
    > Thank you @frozenfirevr

I respectfully disagree.
    Scrolls had become a pathetic crutch... for both players and Devs.

Players:
    Scrolls cause "Forever 1UPs" or God Mode.
    If there is no consequence to death, there is no motivation to avoid it. If you need 10 scrolls to get past LoMM 1st boss, you are not ready for LoMM 1st boss.
    Devs:
    Scrolls cause Lazy Sunday Syndrome.
    No incentive to titrate or wean content difficulty. If players can't figure out mechanics, they'll just scroll-spam to victory.

They can make them "once per encounter" as far as I care. Would make tanks and healers even more relevant.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    Hmmm im glad I have God mode
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User

While I agree that some rely too heavily on scrolls I don't have any issue with it.

If someone wants to waste 50 scrolls running a dungeon that will net them 20k rough ad that's on them.

I don't get the attitude of certain players that cry over others just scrolling through things. If you're not doing it, and you're not running with those players, then who cares?

Just get over yourselves and enjoy the game the way you enjoy it.
  • dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    > @ecrana#2080 said:
    > Scrolls had become a pathetic crutch... for both players and Devs.
    >
    > While I agree that some rely too heavily on scrolls I don't have any issue with it.
    >
    > If someone wants to waste 50 scrolls running a dungeon that will net them 20k rough ad that's on them.
    >
    > I don't get the attitude of certain players that cry over others just scrolling through things. If you're not doing it, and you're not running with those players, then who cares?
    >
    > Just get over yourselves and enjoy the game the way you enjoy it.

I didn't cry, @ecrana#2080 .
    I use scrolls every now and then.
    But if I use more then one in a fight, I am doing something wrong or I'm not ready for the content.

You want to spam 50 scrolls to win a fight?
    More power to you.

But I'm not playing with anyone who needs a dozen scrolls to complete a fight.
    Anyone dependent on scroll-popping is a liability to the party.

If that is an "attitude", it's an attitude that makes me a better, wheelchair-free player.

But you do you, bro. Scroll to your heart's content. idc
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    lol. Never said I practice heavy scrolling. Just that I don't have any issue if others do.

Actually said that I agree with you – it's a crutch.

As far as someone being a liability because they're scrolling too much, that's a slight exaggeration. A bigger liability, to me, is not having a clue what you're doing in a run. Dying too much? Meh. Don't care. It's their AD, not mine.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    When people advertise LFM EXP + Scrolls, that is an issue. Forming groups that have no intention of even trying to obey the mechanics becomes the norm. People that actually want to play the game gets excluded. Devs start adding more One Shot No Revive mechanics to try and restore challenge which punishes everyone. The scrolls change is one of the best mod 16 improvements.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • caldochaud#4880 caldochaud Member Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    Will wearing a complete Lathander set still cancel revive sickness and injury, or has that been removed as well?

Equipping a maxed-out Soulforged, a full Lathander set, and a good selection of post-rez comps (Bulette Pup, Celeste, Phoera, Mystic Phoera, and Angel) makes just more sense than relying exclusively on scrolls.
    "Talent is a flame. Genius is a fire." - Sir Bernard Williams
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User

While I agree that some rely too heavily on scrolls I don't have any issue with it.

If someone wants to waste 50 scrolls running a dungeon that will net them 20k rough ad that's on them.

I don't get the attitude of certain players that cry over others just scrolling through things. If you're not doing it, and you're not running with those players, then who cares?

Just get over yourselves and enjoy the game the way you enjoy it.
    Soul Forge and dying should provide the sickness but using a scroll should not as it is an item players are paying to have.

• vigilante#2764 vigilante Member Posts: 67 Arc User

> @vigilante#2764 said:

> Bummer, scrolls are now a waste of tradebars and zen, I think they are in the zen market. I personally feel this is a terrible change. I've spent a number of scrolls in new dungeons figuring out mechanics for different areas at different times.

> Thank you @frozenfirevr

I respectfully disagree.

Players:

Scrolls cause "Forever 1UPs" or God Mode.

If there is no consequence to death, there is no motivation to avoid it. If you need 10 scrolls to get past LoMM 1st boss, you are not ready for LoMM 1st boss.

Devs:

Scrolls cause Lazy Sunday Syndrome.

No incentive to titrate or wean content difficulty. If players can't figure out mechanics, they'll just scroll-spam to victory.

They can make them "once per encounter" as far as I care. Would make tanks and healers even more relevant.

Well, I posted this in the pc forum on accident. I typically never use scrolls, prior to mod 16 my tank survived nearly everything she came across. Unfortunately with the mod16 release on console and the ridiculous latency issues that the console particularly the ps4 has, death and near death experiences are happening all to frequently. I am a mechanics player, always have been. The mechanics, story, progression all of it makes a game worth playing. I'm not sure if you are familiar with the ps4 but latency has been an issue forever. Red circles appearing after an effect has gone off, dps dropping dead having never seen any red, stuns that could have been avoided, and mechanic indicators that go off after the npc has used the power in question.
    Now, I can't say if these issues are on the pc but they plague the ps4.
    I have always carried scrolls for those reasons, I pass them out to the people in my group when we go into particularly buggy and latency plagued fights, Strahd for example. Now, mechanics run properly and when latency wasn't an issue, pre mod 16, deaths in CR were few and far between for my regular groups, occasionally yes, but we know our stuff, play our respective classes well and don't act the fool. Now, we discovered the whole scroll issue in CR with the launch of 16. The sisters and arcolith weren't much different from pre16 but Strahd was a nightmare. I learned it's currently content that is being worked on in the test server.
    All that being said, my issue with the 5 deaths isn't about the 5 and done but that due to the fact that people are paying for the scrolls. Some are using real cash to buy zen to buy scrolls, or using tradebars or even exchange ad for zen but in the end the scrolls are being paid for in one way or another. If you are charging for something it should have a benefit beyond what players can receive by being picked up.
    In essence people are being charged for something they can get for nothing, i.e. picked up.
    Mechanics matter but scrolls have been the one enduring factor to offset broken mechanics and bad programming.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    I always felt that Revive Sickness was one of the things the Waters should wash off.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.