test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Summer promo charge event "rewards"

evemjevemj Member Posts: 142 Arc User
Has anyone really taken a look at the comp gear you're offering for 100 USD?
It's weaker and worse all around than the gear we get from just doing the regular campaign. We also get just one set...
It's absurd.

If you have any plans on changing that or sending up something actually worth it later on, please say so.
I'll be waiting for a response before I spend money.

Comments

• cherryman1cherryman1 Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    It looks like the rumors are that companion gear will come in Mod17. The companion gear in the rewards is very underwhelming. The fact they won't allow players who didn't know that they were losing out on something before hand to not be able to go back and do the campaign right is a gut shot to those players who didn't get best in slot companion gear. Adding it into the ME at an extremely low drop rate is kind of a slap in the face to those players who didn't get it. This is a low hanging fruit that you could easily fix cryptic.
    Guild Leader: Under the Influence
    Yule (Barb): 72k : Siren (TR): 78k : Torun (DC): 73k : Siren OP (OP): 76k : Siren SW (SW): 78k : Modern (F): 80k : Cherry1 (CW) : 68k Siren HR (HR): 78k
  • pwimagicgamepwimagicgame Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    As these free games decline, without fail from the incompetence and bad decisions of the management, the free stuff given away becomes worse and worse (they want to buy the good stuff from the IM) and the way they do it becomes more and more deceitful. Witness three more or less worthless pieces of pet gear etc.

*shrug* See it EVERY time.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User

It looks like the rumors are that companion gear will come in Mod17.

It's not just a rumor. They have said that. What is not clear is whether the companion gear will be random drops, trade/zen purchases, or (which is what I am hoping for) craftable - that would kill two birds with one stone - provide more gear options while also make crafting relevant again.

But yeah, the charge reward gear is pretty much worthless - it does not feel like a reward at all, and I's even say it might discourage people from spending Zen.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • cherryman1cherryman1 Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    Your right it isn't a rumor but for me it is a confirmed unconfirmed. We know there is new companion gear coming but it is meaningless if it isn't better than what I have already or not as good as the single item they won't give me on my cleric because I didn't know I wouldn't get a BiS item by not collecting all of the items.
    Guild Leader: Under the Influence
    Yule (Barb): 72k : Siren (TR): 78k : Torun (DC): 73k : Siren OP (OP): 76k : Siren SW (SW): 78k : Modern (F): 80k : Cherry1 (CW) : 68k Siren HR (HR): 78k