test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Loving Mod 16 thus far

Sure, it took a while to complete "The Hunt," but the game play feels smoother and I like that companions play a more prominent role. I must say the extra stats (awareness, accuracy, for example) feel like overkill. With time I will probably get used to them...

Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    darkheart#6758 darkheart Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    > @jantogsf#0997 said:
    > Sure, it took a while to complete "The Hunt," but the game play feels smoother and I like that companions play a more prominent role. I must say the extra stats (awareness, accuracy, for example) feel like overkill. With time I will probably get used to them...
    >
    > Thoughts?

I will disagree with your companions play a more prominent role as they are still broke right now other than augments. Healer comps sont heal, and the others dont do anything worth it to use them as summoned pets.
  • Options
    kostas#8990 kostas Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I have spent hours over the last few years arranging my toon as best as I could, to sit in a chair or stool using the sit emote. In yawning portal...I bask in the glory of the fireplace sitting area. Fufilled
  • Options
    jantogsf#0997 jantogsf Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    Ran FBI, it took twice as long, but it was actually more fun. Much smoother...
  • Options
    mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    edited June 2019

> @jantogsf#0997 said:

> Sure, it took a while to complete "The Hunt," but the game play feels smoother and I like that companions play a more prominent role. I must say the extra stats (awareness, accuracy, for example) feel like overkill. With time I will probably get used to them...

>

> Thoughts?

I will disagree with your companions play a more prominent role as they are still broke right now other than augments. Healer comps sont heal, and the others dont do anything worth it to use them as summoned pets.

I have a 160K power and have all required offensive stats at 72K other than accuracy which is around 58K with an augment companion. Using an augment and running content vs. say a Fire or Air Archon I see no different in my damage; in fact, my archons do as my damage as I do. My Fire/Air normal attacks hits as hard as my at wills and there harder hits hit a bit less than my encounters. Running around in Under Mountain I clear adds faster with a companion summoned that is not a augment than I do with just an augment. With my archon summoned I lose a bit in power, accuracy, crit and armor pen. Though I still have the needed stat for a level 80 zone.

With that said, I find the Augment works much better when I'm scaled in dungeons; it helps ensure that I get the required stats for that dungeon vs. using a companion.

I do also have to state that builds don't matter. On purpose I created a build that simply was worthless and the end result was my damage was still good, not horrible and not great but good. It was a bit lower than an optimal build but it wasn't like the old builds where you would do say 25-50% of the damage of an optimal build. It is probably in the realm of 75-80% of an optimal build. The devs goal to simplify the game worked and it made even bad builds usable.

This update has so many bugs that what we have right now should of been what the alpha testers got, not the 4/22 PC release, not what was originally placed on preview or what was tested by the Alpha testers. Considering the game is 6 years old, mod 16 should not feel like an alpha test but that is how it feels do to all the bugs that make many companiosn worthless, makes randiants the only needed enchantments, etc... this mod still requires fixes and I believe some will come with mod 17.