test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter: The pet collection game

adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
edited June 2019 in Player Feedback (PC)
I have found the true "end-game" in Neverwinter. It is not farming the latest, greatest group content or PvP. No - it is collecting vanity pets.

Seriously.

The vanity pets from LoMM are the main reason for running that dungeon - secondary reason being the Seals of the deep to buy Protegé gear.

After you get your weapon set you may continue to run 3 MEs per day for a chance of getting something useful or valuable from Zok, but you can also chase down the special named mobs and then buy a vanity pet box from him.

Is this bad? Not necessarily - it gives people something to do - some goal to aim for. My issue is just that it doesn't feel very, well, "heroic", but at least it motivates (some) people to continue to play.

I do wish the "end-game" was something a bit more challenging, though.
Hoping for improvements...

Comments

• agilestoagilesto Member Posts: 516 Arc User
    I would really love to have vanity pets on the collection, it helps setting the goals :)
  • wilbur626wilbur626 Member Posts: 1,019 Arc User
    This is what I do 6 hours every day. I love my daily ettercap pet from Zok!
    Elite Whaleboy
  • blag001blag001 Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    I guess it's ok.
    Sometimes doing something "not so serious" in the game is welcome, yes. Something where the RNG doesn't drive us crazy because the prize is for fun and we can just try it again and again.
    I would say that it could happen with the mounts too, some adds for the mounts you already have as color trails, glows, smoke or sparkles around it, mounts skins/colors, sets of armors, the option to name your mount... I bet people would play for those. :)
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Would love to have a vanity pet arena, like the holographic game from the original Star Wars.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    Getting a vanity pet tab in the collection would be neat too.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User

vanity pets honestly suck. they're pointless, they take up rng chances of something decent dropping from zok, and you can't even put them on the AH, so the inevitable duplicates just get thrown away.

Yes....but what else is there to do ?
  • dressrobadressroba Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    i don't think that's a legit goal cuz it's mostly build on rng , if the game is boring and u don't feel like running anything that's the devs mistake not mine to go force myself to farm alts or rng meh collections .
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    adinosii said:

I have found the true "end-game" in Neverwinter. It is not farming the latest, greatest group content or PvP. No - it is collecting vanity pets.

Seriously.

The vanity pets from LoMM are the main reason for running that dungeon - secondary reason being the Seals of the deep to buy Protegé gear.

After you get your weapon set you may continue to run 3 MEs per day for a chance of getting something useful or valuable from Zok, but you can also chase down the special named mobs and then buy a vanity pet box from him.

Is this bad? Not necessarily - it gives people something to do - some goal to aim for. My issue is just that it doesn't feel very, well, "heroic", but at least it motivates (some) people to continue to play.

I do wish the "end-game" was something a bit more challenging, though.

No you need to collect all companions in the game. You know pokemon... gotta collect them all.
  • blag001blag001 Member Posts: 201 Arc User

vanity pets honestly suck. they're pointless, they take up rng chances of something decent dropping from zok, and you can't even put them on the AH, so the inevitable duplicates just get thrown away.

Well, from other RNG sources they're just like some low blue or green prizes...
    But I was specificaly talking about the Vanity Chest, the one you need to collect the "Washed Stuffs" to get them. They're there just if you want to try some pets...
    And I think devs could put more like those in future mods, but droping unique vanity pets, fashions, transmutes, dyes, adds for mounts as I sugested before... would be fun to quest for those things as there's the Vanity Chest now.