test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Albaster Off-Hand (Wizard)

Hello,

I've been Grinding my ME's every single day for the past 2 months and still have not recieved my Off-hand Albaster for my Wizard.
( yes i did it with a party and with atleast 1 rune or more, every time.)

Not sure if this is a bug or if this is insanely bad rng. I understand that this is an mmo and that there is some type of grind or rng related. Thats fine. However, seeing as there are an astounding amount of bugs in the game it makes me wonder about this. With that being said, Ill be purchasing my Burnished set before i get the albaster set complete. ME's are essentially dead content now. I'm only using 1 item which i recieved from the ME's, the rest of my gear ill be getting within the seal store using the new seals from the new dungeon.

Seeing as mod16 brought about a more casual approach to the game i don't think any casual person would bother grinding this long for an item.

I've sent in a ticket and had expressed my concerns back and forth with the GM who responded. He was kind and respectful and told me that not only will he be relaying this to the next level of support but, to also make a post here in the forums as a way of having a type of paper trail. ( not his exact words but he did urge me to make a post here in the forums.)

It should be said that i am not the only player to have this issue. There are plenty who i converse with everyday that are having a similar problem.
I was going to get the Albaster set for my other characters but at this rate im afraid it just isn't worth the time invested. I'm not going to do 2+months of ME's on other characters. That's absurd.

Looking at the recent updates and new modules added to Neverwinter it seems they come about every 4 months or so on average. That means that we are halfway to the next mod and i don't even have the basic weapon set for Mod 16. A rough estimate, i know.

Comments

• namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    RNG = no guarantees and not every one wins. It is quite possible you can do MEs until the next mod and not get the set. On the positive side, the Mountaineer set should be in the TB store in a few days. Fingers crossed.
  • aelinazaelinaz Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    I must agree the MEs and albaster set reward are just plain frustrating and most likely a fruitless grind. I am hoping Mod 17 will improve. I also opened a ticket and was told "it is RNG" and they were glad I understood. I said yes I understood but I was and am concerned that the algorithm used was either flawed or there was an issue with my toons. To this there was no feedback and I think to be honest they really did not care. , So I am concerned that Mod 17 will also be going this path. Hoping they are not trying to drive players away but I am really not sure.
  • renzokuken#8400 renzokuken Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    The mountaineer set was supposed to be in the trade bar at launch of the mod, if i'm not wrong? I don't know if ill waste my trade bars on that now. I'm so close to having my Burnished. It's honestly just sickening to be 2 months in on the grind for Albaster and still not have them. I don't want to be rude but that's a little..... crazy. What kind of rng is that? Like i said, no possible way that i am getting Albaster on my other characters. 100% not worth the time.
  • renzokuken#8400 renzokuken Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Still no luck on the Albaster. This is just insane. This has to be a bug.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    I got 6 offhands on my Wizard before getting a mainhand. It's just RNG.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • franzdhfranzdh Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    I've gotten 5 off-hands and no main hand.