test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mod 16 first day survival guide

adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
I have now updated my "Mod 16, day 1" guide - added some information and removed stuff that was no longer relevant with the current fixes on PC. Anyhow, this is only a simple guide, mostly focusing on things to do at the very start to make sure your experience with Mod 16 will be reasonably smooth.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/11ykL0hTzPr3eywNIG3fU3SNb1gchFJolrlnKIml7GaQ/edit?usp=sharing

(on second thought, maybe this should go into the "Guide" forum instead....)
Hoping for improvements...

Comments

• foofighter592foofighter592 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    This will be a huge help. Thank you for putting this together!
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    Companions, while the bolstering effect for your active companion (or rather augment...) might look tempting for going on a shopping spree in the companion department, i would recommend sticking to the ones you allready have or can get through events or are really cheap on the Auction House - since all companions are equally broken and useless in Undermountain.
    Companions can't really heal, can't really tank and the damage they deal isn't noticable atm. either, but if you're fine with buying companions only for the category bolster... knock yourself out.

I'd also recommend to not buy the Delver's Expedition Pack, the content is even with the initial discount way overpriced, and if you want to spend some money in NWO just get more ViP time instead.

Enchantments, for as long as the exchange option is still available on the NPC in Protectors Enclave, get a few cheap armor/weapon enchantments from the AH and bank the boxes you get for them for later.
    Yes, those enchantments will be bound to account, but when the Devs change enchantments again at some point in the future, you'll be able to switch to another enchantment setup without paying extra again.
    I know, it's not an ideal option, but i dare say it's better then having no real option beside running around with nerfed armor/weapon enchantments or selling them for peanuts to get the new expensive "FotM" ones.

Last but not least, when you play through the campaign expeditions allways collect the 9 relics or you might not get some really good loot from the reward chest at the end.
    Post edited by regenerde on
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!