test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Can Heals exceed 50% crit chance

adders79#8251 adders79 Member Posts: 72 Arc User
I saw a note from a dev on a recent AMA that healers can crit but it is based on the difference between crit and power. It said that the higher your power gets compared to your crit the less your heals crit? Can someone please confirm a) That this is true and b) what the calculation is as this could massively change how people should build their healers.

If this is true can we get above 50% crit if we drop power down and push crit up to way over 100k and use a vorpal to compensate?

Answers

• Options
    raziel2004#7353 raziel2004 Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    Urgh i need to install back ACT for this.. Cannt dev easily provide better explanation for this. Now player need to check it by themselves.
  • Options
    cabar1cabar1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 124 Arc User
    > @raziel2004#7353 said:
    > Urgh i need to install back ACT for this... player need to check it by themselves.

My great grandfather once said to me: "What makes you believe the spoken word of anyone is TRUE?"
    99 lines of code on the wall, 99 lines of code, add one line, compile it again....... 113 lines on code on the wall
    113 lines of code on the wall, 113 lines of code, rewrite one line, compile it again.......
    Wait For It
  • Options
    cheerz4beerzcheerz4beerz Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    That design choice is just terrible and cryptic uses it in other places as well. Fighters have a feat that gives you a bonus up to 20% to a thing (not at home dont remember) depending on the difference between your crit and power. The more your power outweighs your crit the less bonus you get. How stupid is that? By end game you can and should have twice as much power as crit making the feat complete garbage.

You absolutely should never be punished for gearing your character.