test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Changes i would like to see to hellbringer

tempus86#1158 tempus86 Member Posts: 165 Arc User
While overall I think hellbringer is in a fairly good spot right now, definitely not as bad as some want to make it out to be, it could definitely do with some tweaking, and in some places powers/class features totally reworked, so there is at least some variation of choice. As it stands some powers and most of the class features are just flat out bad and no one is going to use them over others.

So here are some suggestions

Encounters

Soul Scorch

Max sparks set to 15 down from 18 - for better synergy with a Max of 30 total
Magnitude of 10 per spark, up from 6, for a max magnitude of 150, up from 108
Radiating dot - 2 magnitude per spark spent, up from 1, and increase radius to 20 feet
Add Curse consume back to add a stack of Soul Investiture

Killing flames is fine

Vampiric Embrace

Increase Magnitude to 275, up from 200
Remove the temp health buff, its terrible, so either remove curse consume completely or have it add a stack of soul investiture

Dreadtheft

This is kind of hard. this power as it is now is just flat out terrible except in heavy AoE situations and even then hellfire ring is just better since you can cast at wills at the same time where as with DT, you are locked out for the 6second channel, on top of which the cooldown as far as I can tell DOESNT get reduced until the channel is over.
For example, DT is a 275mag, 6 second channel. Hellish rebuke is 30mag + 7.5 bonus from NPNM feat, with a 0.7sec cast time, meaning you can cast 8 over 5.6seconds, for a total of 300 magnitude.
Sure u can cast it while moving but its so easy to get interrupted, so im open to suggestions on this one

Hadars Grasp

Increase magnitude to 225, up from 175

Curse Bite

Again abit tricky. decent ability as it is, but I also am not sure if the recharge speed is being effected by CD reductions from either SSP or W-souls. Need some imput on that, pretty hard to tell without an actual cooldown timer.
If its not possibly drop down to 1 charge, have a fixed CD of 6 seconds rather than a recharge speed. Wouldn't be as bursty with back to back charges, but should work out better over time with CD reduction

Fiery Bolt

Increase Magnitude to 175 up from 125
Either remove the 50% aoe reduction or buff it to 75%
Increase radius to 20feet

Infernal spheres

Increase magnitude to 40 per Sphere
Increase radius to 15feet

Arms of Hadar

No idea. this power is rubbish. a 1 second knockdown does not justify only 40 magnitude. its clunky and terrible.

Blades of Vanquished Armies

increase magnitude to 20 per knife up from 15
Ditch the 5k deflect for something else. no idea what, maybe a 10% temp health shield. open to ideas

Hellfire Ring

increase magnitude to 100 on initial hit up from 75, and DoT to 200 mag up from 180

FEATs

Double Scorch
Increase Soul scorch Dot to 20% up from 10%

Power of the Nine Hells
generate 2 action points per Soul spark spent ( lets face it, 12sparks after daily use is SOO BAD, no one is gonna pick this right now)

Parting blasphemy - is fine

Warlocks Curse - is fine

Risky Investment - is ok, though id like to have more than just 1 daily and 1 encounter power that can actually proc this ( see suggestions above)

Soul Desecration
Increase soulpuppet damage by 30% up from 10%
Increase Crit severity to 100% up from 50%.
ALSO FIX THE SOULPUPPET IN GENERAL - it definitely does not have 50% crit severity on live right now, which it clearly states it should in the tooltip

Executioners Gift - is fine

Creeping Death
Each time creeping death is reapplied to a target, the previous DoT is consumed for all remaining damage

Soul Spark Recovery - is fine

Wrathful Souls - is fine

DAILIES

Accursed souls - is fine

Brood of Hadar
increase Initial hit to 750magnitude up from 550

Tyrannical Curse
Fix the Aoe part. the split damage IS NOT SCALING WITH ArP or accuracy

Gates of hell
no clue here, its just flat out bad for a DPS tree only daily, I cant see a reason ever to use this over Accursed souls

Flames of Phlegethos
Again, I don't really see a reason to use this over Accursed souls right now, it does the same magnitude damage, and MUCH less AoE
Increase to 1250 magnitude
increase radiating damage to 25% and radius to 15feet

AT WILLS

Dark Spiral
I love this as a second slot at will, but not so much the very heavy RnG nature of the stacks. Id prefer something like.. In addition, generate 1 soul per 8 seconds during combat.

CLASS FEATURES

Not really sure what to do here. kind of run out of ideas, but definitely needs work since pretty much the only real viable options are All consuming curse and No Pity No Mercy. possible to use Deadly curse or Dust to dust with a parting blasphemy build, but ive had much better results with Warlocks curse. id rather have close to 100% uptime of 10% damage using ACC than a 5% buff from Dust to dust
Again other ideas would be great

Big wall of text, sorry for that, but hey if you manage to actually read most of it let me know your thoughts