test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Will Neverwinter online be available in Google Stadia

nisckisnisckis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 655 Arc User
With the upcoming launch of Google Stadia, will Neverwinter Online be available in that platform as a PC compatible version?

Comments

• Options
    kobra#1053 kobra Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    1. Neverwinter is my favorite mmorpg and I have it for PC.

2. I acquired Google Stadia for its mobility and has been amazing playing anywhere I want, from the living room TV, to my office PC, to my bedroom TV, to my phone.

3. Unfortunately, Stadia only has one mmorpg, Elder Scrolls Online, and I personally don't like it, but have been playing because how easy it is to access while I am relaxing. Therefore, I ask you to please bring you AMAZING GAME to Stadia!
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,220 Arc User
    I don't have high hope that Stadia will last especially when the competitions will join soon this year with much more games. Many used to be promising google services disappeared before. I doubt Cryptic will put resource on it until at least after the big picture is clearer.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    blargskullblargskull Member Posts: 514 Arc User
    edited July 2020

I don't have high hope that Stadia will last especially when the competitions will join soon this year with much more games. Many used to be promising google services disappeared before. I doubt Cryptic will put resource on it until at least after the big picture is clearer.

I remember my older brother bought into the streaming game console. The offer was a monthly sub and you could play anything without owning the game like NetFlix. OnLive went belly up but at least he got to play what he wanted while it lasted about 4 years. The reason Stadia will never appeal to me, I have to buy the digital rights on Stadia - even if I own the physical game. This would like buying a virtual copy of a movie from a new online streaming service but your movie is dust when the service fails. You say, but it is Google, and you will never lose service... buzzzzz! wrong answer! Google has a track record of bad media choices. Remember how they asked everyone to join their social media group? Google Circles was their attempt at becoming Facebook. Other projects they hosted, I remember was; Google URL Shortener, Google Desktop, Google Gears, Nexus Player, Google Plus, and Google Buzz. Most of them had a life of 4 years. So anything you buy the digital rights for on Stadia are more than likely not to be there in 4 years.

Also MS XBox is working on similar lines and since this game is already available there, it might be claimed already. I never went beyond the 360, that is not for me either.

---
    New update, I spoke to my brother about his old OnLive and he said the real issue was massive lag. He said, if Stadia lags and Neverwinter lags together it would be a mess.
    Post edited by blargskull on

Just killing time...