test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

"Hidden" offhands

fenrir4lifefenrir4life Member Posts: 295 Arc User
Would it be feasible to either add a "hide" option or add some cheap, readily available "invisible" transmutes for offhand items? It seems like it should be pretty easy, since no animations would change, you'd just have weapons without models.
Tagged:

Comments

• tassedethe13tassedethe13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    What about HR or TR ? Their offhand is a weapon.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    I am not sure what you have in mind.
    GF/OP's offhand is a shield. Block with invisible shield?
    GWF, DC, SW, CW's offhands aren't easy to spot. Virtually invisible.
    HR's offhand is the only visible weapon in combat stance.
    TR's offhand is the weapon.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    It was once possible to transmute shields using the Stronghold pet gear offhands which would make them invisible. Existing shields that were rendered invisible are still that way, but it is no longer possible to this AFAIK. I would say that this could be seen as the Dev response to this idea, not going to happen.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • fenrir4lifefenrir4life Member Posts: 295 Arc User
    If you envisioned your paladin, fighter, or rogue as a "freehand" fighter, that's all the reason you need to make the offhand invisible.

Barbarian Guard is blocking with a weapon. No reason paladin or fighter one couldn't be presented as doing the same.

A lot, but not all, of the Ranger's Combat animations would still look acceptable with empty fists, as a brawler or scrapper.

This isn't something anyone would be forced to do, but it seems like a harmless and low-cost option that could let some players better represent their character concept within the game.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    It's not different from being able to dye weapons, which was once possible through a workaround and then stopped. Devs don't like it but never bother to explain why.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • fenrir4lifefenrir4life Member Posts: 295 Arc User
    pitshade said:

It's not different from being able to dye weapons, which was once possible through a workaround and then stopped. Devs don't like it but never bother to explain why.

Well, most of the dev team that's on the game now wasn't, then, so maybe it's time for another look.
  • dionchidionchi Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    Personally I would love the option to "hide" some of those large HAMSTER shields Paladins are lugging around when not in combat and we know it can be done because those shields are hidden when the character is on a mount.
    DD~
  • kangkeokkangkeok Member Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    I would love to have my sword dye silver if only we can dye them ever again and if the dye exist..