test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Soulweaver or "How to kill myself most effectively"

schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
edited June 2019 in The Nine Hells
I run an FBI random today. My Soulweaver at lev 80: 139k power, 322k HP, 71k Arp, 88k Defense, 69k crit, 51k Critavoidance, 73k Accuracy, 67k deflect, 93k CA, 77k Awareness, running Valhalla Set (nerfed to uselessness), more or less a tank setup.
Using some of the most effective spells and feats I want to represent you some ACT shards.

Damage

Healing

Incoming damage

Soul Pact - suck my HP

Last pciture is only part of a 40 times selfinduced 4.7k damage from Soul Pact (4x per second, ten times), our "Oh HAMSTER-Daily" when group is near dying.... I had about 262k HP in FBI, the ammount of selfinduced damage from one Soulpact is was somhow bigger than it should. I guess I used it 4 times and died 3 times using it.
The ammount of healing from Soul Pact is 540k, the incoming damage dealt towards me near 665k, nothing else to say right? I stopped using that Daily, since the selfkill was too strong, having Life Bind on top, and there was no point to use Warlocks Bargain in an adaequat way, since it was too stressing to heal out the incoming damage from all 3 sources.

I was near top at leaderboard due to Life Bind. Since I did not run Warlocks Bargain that much, the ammount would have been much more, so it´s not that representive... you can´t use main warlocks feature without dying all time (Shield, Cleanse plus Daily)
I recieved more damage than the tank, about 50% selfinduced, died most of all classes, was unable to run important feats and powers as wanted. The only noticeable healing spell was Shatter Spark. Even running a dps setup at boss 2+3 and in betwenn, using KF, CB, Harrowstorm, HG there was no noticeable effect of our "genaral Ability " Soul Defiler ->1% healing, lol.

All this only leads to one point: Soulweaver is a "gimmick-path", made to kill yourself more than anything else, full with underwhelming feats and power.
There are so many obvious underperforming and useless feature on top of selfdestructive powers. I simply don´t know where to start tbh and don´t want to waste my time with it.
I would compare the performance of Soulweaver with an encounter called Wraith Shadow, a completely useless healing power from zero impact doing 40mag healing or 50mag (average healing 410 !!?????).
It displays the path pretty good in the sum: -> at the bottom, laughable at best, when you have exactly one healing ability and enough feature to kill yourself constantly with no way out.
A pretty embarrassing state of a healing path in general. I don´t even start to argue with any of the responsible devs, since that´s also wasted time imo.
Post edited by schietindebux on

Comments

• schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    About Soul Pact.
    The procs are totally random, sometime you are hit 2 times/second sometimes 4 times per second esp. in groupcontent, every tick is 2%, so the incoming damage is 3 to 4 times stronger than it should be getting hit for 8% HP per second worst case, surely a bug. -> 257.800 HP drained from 322.000 = 80% HP drain instead 20% !!

You can't dodge/shift or mitigate the damage, no matter what your defense stats are. Popping a Hammer of Gond (50% damagereduction) does nothing from my observation. If you start shadowslip after popping your daily it simply drains your AP 100% leading to nothing. For several times the effect of that daily simply broke and you only get 100% AP drain in a dungeon.

Needless to say that a 500 mag heal plus 10% DR for 10 seconds (wich is pretty useless, since all player are capped) from a Daily, is HAMSTER compared to a daily heals for 1800mag on expiring HP below 50% or a daily like guardian that procs a 800 mag heal with a 500 mag HOT, shielding for 10% incom Damage for the hole group, same as doing 5x 500mag heals towards teammember in need of help over time!

A daily that leeches your hole HP by usage adding a redicules ammount of 500 burst heal is completely HAMSTER, compared to a daily that heals 1300mag (800+500 HOT) + 5x500 mag from a passive guardian over time and shields for 10% on top over 12 seconds. What about balance and bugs in this game, Soulweaver can´t run anything actually, look up for your data please.
    If my char tends to die by usage of a daily he should be rewarded imo, so in my logic warlock should deal a 3600mag HOT and shield 10% incoming damage for 20seconds by usage of a daily that simply kills him (risk/reward) , just keep your DR buff and put it on another class, everyone will be please for a useless DR buff in a game where all run with DR overcapped at 80k !

DC->1800 mag heal per player using Angel or Annoited Army + 10% shield/12 sec.
    Soulweaver -> doing 500mag heal per player and draining up to 80% HP ?
    ....on top fo draining 20% HP by using Warlocks Bargain, on top of getting killed by a feat called Life Bind, all together making him Paingiver in many groupruns. Nothing more to say.

One encounter from my paladin is double to triple (crit on barrier) as effective (500mag heal 1000mag barrier) as that Soulweaver daily, shielding my paladin on top and not hittig him like a truck. What is the inner logic of all this mess?
    @mimicking#6533 @asterdahl @noworries#8859
    Post edited by schietindebux on
    edited June 2019
    Warlocks Bargain...
    I used it 16 times inflicting 751000 Damage towards my char, healing for 118000 on 24 tics on groupmember.
    Seriously?
    I mean the damage/healing output is 15% compared to the ammount I get punished.
    How ever is this a reasonable ammount of healing from a spell that does nothing else than leeching my HP , being bugged on top since it does not clease my char ?
    Embarassing at best, again nothing more to add.
    Transfusion tactics...
    15% right?
    I run Shatter sparks more or less as the only working healing encounter. According to the average proc of 31.600, Tranfusion tactics poped for an enourous ammount of 1.200
    1.2 : 31.6 = 3,7%
    Even if you think this is a fair ammount for a passive, I have trouble to get thos numbers together 15%->3,7% ?
    What went wrong in that calculation ?
    Essence Drain
    Essence Drain average 14k ->350 mag
    Cursed Bites average 10k -> 150 mag
    Find the bug. Essence Drain should be 23k average if i scale it up.