test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Thorn Ward - Working as Intended??

huijianhuijian Member Posts: 73 Arc User
I'm not sure if this is working as intended, but the Ranger skill "Thorn Ward" shows a MASSIVE AREA effect when casting but only hits a single target after firing. If its a single target skill, why the area effect indicator?
Although it doesn't even matter much because most Ranger encounter powers are totally useless anyways, because they are all low damage magnitude and animations take so long that simple at-wills do more overall damage per second.

But just had to know, is this how thorn ward is intended to work?

Comments

• silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    It's always been single-target. The large area shows the size of the ward's effective coverage once it has been activated. This lets you get close to the target without having to be precise.
    I aim to misbehave
  • obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    It’s always worked like that.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • huijianhuijian Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    It was weak skill in past so never used it much, and heh even though its been moved on skill tree to be the Rangers "endgame" skill its still weak.
  • kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    Even when you select the Roots related feats to maximize effect, I've never seen this to be particularly effective.
    It takes up a slot in your power tray that could be filled by other, better powers.
  • pwimagicgamepwimagicgame Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    Ranger is a particularly badly thought out version, IMO of course.

Always hated, prior to mod16, that rangers best shot depended entirely on split the sky and mobs attacking me. Just so backwards it's laughable.