test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

GWF & GF - companion slots

kondziossj2kondziossj2 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
Hello,

Why GWF (barbi) and GF have 1 offensive slot? In my opinion, thay should have at least 2 offensive slot, instead 3 defensive, because thay have DMG and tanking paths, not only tank path.

Some ppl ask, why OP shouldn't... because OP have tank and healer path, and also... OP can do more DMG than well done GWFs.
Also, GWF's are taken from pity, instead of from DMG dealt. (many ppl who lfm, write "CW / SW / HR / TR" and nobody write "lfm GWF..")
Class name offensive slot defensive slot utility
GWF & GF 1 3 1
CW 3 1 1
DC 2 1 2
HR 3 1 1
TR 3 1 1
OP 1 3 1
MOD 16 summary:
- GWF useless (any CW may do bigger DMG than fully equipped GWF)
- SW heal = useless (even can't heal on 1th boss on LoMM)
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    jeffgoldblum#3783 jeffgoldblum Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    This. Right here. Slots should be based on role not class. Or maybe just have 5 normal slots and 1 utility for everyone. Gwf and gf really lose alot of potential here and it's not right.
  • Options
    rybsyngoniumrybsyngonium Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 22 Arc User
    Hmm. Before you will rage after reading below think about this first please.

Some hint on beginning: there is at least one companion which gives power in defensive slot - as this is main reason of repeating this kind of posts in forum, I think.

What if having a DPS path does not make a full DPS class and that is how they are distinguished now (yes, Warlocks do not fit in current config in terms of companion slots)?
    I never liked the idea of support class beeing the main DPS in party (that is MY humble opinion). And GWF/GFs I considered as support classes (tanking, second dps in party).

IMHO, all classes should have DPS path for daily tasks purposes (speed up this process). But it does not mean all classes should be a main DPS in end content. Or, if this is what we expect, then all classes should have an effective DPS path for that. Why to punish others when new meta party is promoted: 4xDPS and healer? What if pally do not like and do not want to play a healer role? If your answer is they can create and play other class, then my answer to this is: Barbarians can do this as well.

Saying that I expect all roles/classes to be welcome in the game, regardless of whether they are major dps or not. Personally I put on ignore all who write mentioned things as LFM and not many end-gamers does that because they understand it is faster to start dungeon right now with "not maximized" setup than wait for one member half an hour.
    Anyway such cases give me the confirmation of my thesis that the NW community is not as cool as some would like to see it and present it in this forum. But until it is stigmatized it will not change. And that is why I keep writing similar posts.

A bit off-topic.

(many ppl who lfm, write "CW / SW / HR / TR" and nobody write "lfm GWF..")

So now you know how CW/HR/SW have felt for the last 3+ years. If they were called, only for buffing not for DPS role. I am not talking about a few very skilled (main condition) and rich enough (second, but needed condition) to be a main DPS but about majority. (Warlocks are not in very good position still comparing to others, but none of the class is in very bad position now imo)

IMHO again, mostly old GWFs are disappointed as they from main DPSes become a support DPS. They were buffed gods demanding that others comply with their needs (demanding using specific powers/feats and kicking people not having that - many such cases are evidenced on this forum). Now they have to respect others needs and now it becomes a problem to some.

I said this as one who play Pally (23k) and Wizard (22k) as mains (not in guild), and all other classes in ilvls between 13-16k (new legacy campaigns feature activated them).
    And I can say from my experience Barbarians and Rogues are easiest to play on this level (things goes fastest, like 2:1 in some cases).
  • Options
    kondziossj2kondziossj2 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    @rybsyngonium
    I don't have any problem to get party as GWF, and also often I'm 1th as DPS in LoMM, but I prefer geting party from friends instead lfg channel or any another.
    I post this because I see a lot of videos via Twitch from @CrypticStudions and no1 say anything about well done ballancing.
    Almost all ppl say "buff XYZ" or "nerf XYZ", no1 say how much thay should do, and thay don't present any calculation.
    I post 1 another post (about SW and healing in LoMM) and I also have more possible changes to create game better, but this posts only for test, if it's worth anything and if this changes will be on PC server, then I will write about another classes to fix/ ballancing (english isn't my native language and propably my posts aren't very good).

P.S. I don't want create GWF better than any another class, I only want some players in game, because in some time in game is ~500 players. I WANT MORE! It should be "over 9000! "(~Vegeta xD )
    P.S.2 E.g. I prepared some google sheet with calculations about almost all enchants and possible DMG gain for few classes, and possible modifications of them to allows some classes to prefer some another enchants instead vorpal.
    But I won't post it until I see any possitive impact of writing anything on forum :) .
    MOD 16 summary:
    - GWF useless (any CW may do bigger DMG than fully equipped GWF)
    - SW heal = useless (even can't heal on 1th boss on LoMM)
  • Options
    dionchidionchi Member Posts: 919 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    For that matter why do companions only have three gear slots... are they running around Neverwinter barefoot and naked with no weapon and only amulets, belts rings, and off hand items? (Damn Hippies -grumble, grumble)... :naughty:

Companions should have a full compliment of gear - helmet, neck, armor, gauntlets, ring, belt, boots, accessories a weapon and off hand item just like players (and maybe one companion of their own and maybe a mount). Gear that can be upgraded as the companion levels up. ¢¢
    DD~