test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Halaster's rage revealed (conspiracy concept)

wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
Since he re-open his Maze of Undermountian to lure the "greatest heroes' of realms. He ordered Triobrand the mithral golem to build army, his goal wasnt on Toril.
his own domain just got invaded, sending him bezerk and defeated by Vizeran DiVir and his elemental leaders.

what your thoughts, what going on in behind the scene that we hadnt see yet, let see your concept, post away folks...

Comments

• dheffernandheffernan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 216 Arc User
    Halaster's plan is obvious. He means to get all the most powerful heroes in the world tied up chasing bits of rune energy in the fleeting hopes of gaining a slightly better magic item than what they already have, thus leaving the world unguarded for all the other villains.
    @Venture-1 @Venture from City of Heroes if you remember that far back. Yes, *that* Venture. Yes, I probably trashed your MA arc. For me it was Tuesday.
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    Halaster's interests include collecting new monsters and magic. After eons have passed by, he has learned the lesson of King Solomon, there is nothing new under the sun. He amuses himself by manipulating events and politics to suit his whims.

In this game lore they called Arcturia a lich, but I find no mention of her being a lich in WoC manuals. Her true form became one of a vile undead amalgamation of worms and earned her the title "The Worm that Walks". Undead? Yes but not a lich in my book or WoC either. The other character in the game lore I have issue with is Jhesiyra Kestellharp. Jhesiyra transformed herself into a powerful living spell. While the truth is Halaster had abducted and imprisoned Jhesiyra to create living spells for him. She was insane and tried to manipulate adventurers that entered Undermountain in order to use them to defeat the Mad Mage.

I suppose Cryptic had a little poetic license with the product or WoC would not have allowed the game to alter the lore.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    Shortly after dawn on Eleint 30, 1375 DR, an earthquake struck Waterdeep. Though the city suffered little damage, many people throughout the town saw visions of Halaster screaming, his eyes ablaze with rage, sorrow, and swimming stars. Arcanists who saw the visions also reported scenes of destruction in the vast maze of Undermountain: pillars cracking and crumbling, chasms and rifts opening, and explosions of sparks. Those brave enough to investigate quickly discovered that Halaster had inadvertently killed himself while attempting a powerful ritual; as he died, he hurled desperate visions and compulsions to people all across the continent.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    Grey, ouch, lol. was there assume more than 1 Halaster?, as we played NWN1: Hordes of Underdark. there are some clones of Halaster. i am sure one of them are a lich.

keep it up, like some creative conspiracies.