test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Apprentice Spoils set damage bonus bugged.

jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
edited May 2019 in Bug Reports (PC)
A friend on the wilds forum has found:

"The [Apprentice Spoils] set bonus is doing 15% of weapon enchantment damage instead of 15% of the main hit (damage shows up as separate attacks in the log called "Inherit Danger" instead of increasing the attack's damage). If you remove your weapon enchantment, you get 15% of the main hit."

Which makes it useless.
No idea what my toon is now.

Comments

• Options
    gonzakotwigonzakotwi Member Posts: 267 Arc User
    Well that means i wasted my ad again. No ap gain and no set bonus. The game now is reduced to using the least bugged things
  • Options
    Tbh. it's one of the new mod's, new stats, new ethos etc. prestige sets, it'll get fixed pretty quick. I've got the neck and the arti, I'll grab the waist too.

I have faith. :)
  • Options
    Also, the AP gain aspect seems to be giving 1% rather than the usual 4%.
  • Options
    Wow. Even worse lol. Move the point !!!
  • Options
    durglesdurgles Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    jonkoca said:

A friend on the wilds forum has found:

"The [Apprentice Spoils] set bonus is doing 15% of weapon enchantment damage instead of 15% of the main hit (damage shows up as separate attacks in the log called "Inherit Danger" instead of increasing the attack's damage). If you remove your weapon enchantment, you get 15% of the main hit."

Which makes it useless.

Jonkoca, thanks for cross-posting this. I see a couple others have reported this same issue under different titles as well. Seems like a lot of people figured it out around the same time.

May as well list all the problems with this set in a bullet-list while we're at it.
    • Inherit Danger attack deals 15% of Weapon Enchantment damage instead of 15% of the attack that triggers it. To reproduce, trigger the set bonus by using a Daily, then use any regular encounter power while having a weapon enchantment equipped. The resulting Inherit Danger damage will be 15% of whatever the weapon enchantment's damage is.
    • Inherit Danger attack is actually an AOE originating from your character instead of extra damage applied to the target (this had not yet been mentioned in this thread). To reproduce, again, trigger the set bonus by using a Daily, then use a single target encounter power while standing in a group of multiple enemies/target dummies. The Inherit Danger damage will be applied to all targets near the character.
      • Secondary test, if needed: Trigger the set bonus by casting a Daily then, while standing a good distance from your target, cast a ranged encounter. The Inherit Danger damage will not be applied to anything because nothing is in range of the character-centered AOE.
    • AP gain is .4% instead of 4%.
    Per the set bonus, it's sort of surprising how weird this works. As an example, Rangers already have a damage bonus that does what is needed for this set bonus to work as described, the Class Feature Seeker's Vengeance. Seeker's Vengeance deals 10% extra damage when behind your target. This could be copied, increase the damage bonus to 15%, give it its own icon, then have the buff be applied on Daily use and last for 10 seconds.
  • Options
    Well lets hope it will get fixed, and thanks for your in depth investigations.
  • Options
    Ran some ACT today while doing random queues and daily MEs, confirmed not WAI.