test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Are essences meant to be that hard to get?

nisckisnisckis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 655 Arc User
As of today, we do know that you need to use 3 runes in Master Expeditions for the "puppet" to have a chance of appearing.

This "puppet" needs an essence for invoking the corresponding mega boss, and here comes my problem, as far as I know essences only drop at random at the final chest if you use runes.

My main problem is that I have got not a single essence so basically I'm out of being able to invoke the mega bosses.

So my question is, are essences meant to be that hard to get?

With mega bosses being that hard and only spawning at random, is it really needed that the required essences are a very low random drop too?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    krumple01krumple01 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    nisckis said:

As of today, we do know that you need to use 3 runes in Master Expeditions for the "puppet" to have a chance of appearing.

This "puppet" needs an essence for invoking the corresponding mega boss, and here comes my problem, as far as I know essences only drop at random at the final chest if you use runes.

My main problem is that I have got not a single essence so basically I'm out of being able to invoke the mega bosses.

So my question is, are essences meant to be that hard to get?

With mega bosses being that hard and only spawning at random, is it really needed that the required essences are a very low random drop too?

Thanks in advance.

Supposedly you need to complete LoMM once to unlock the ability for essences to start dropping in the ME chests. I have completed LoMM many times but was not paying attention because at that time there was no "puppet" to give them to despite the devs lying saying the mechanic has always been in the game, thursday's patch proved that they lied and fridays patch further proved they lied when they updated how the puppet gets spawned and how the fights are carried out. It means it was never thoroughly tested until now to reveal their previous system was too easy which I think isn't too easy at all. The bosses are not easy to defeat but now they are incredibly difficult. You can get locked out of the fight and at the same time it can bug and prevent you from even completing the ME all together.

• Options
    historian1121#4701 historian1121 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    You don't need to finish LoMM atm all you need to do is enter, engage some mobs, die and leave.