test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fix the appaling RNG on Alabaster sets

124»

Comments

• regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User
    edited June 2019

I would guess that I have had better luck then most. I run a cleric, a fighter and a paladin in MEs. I have gotten 2 OH/2MH for cleric and fighter and 1 MH/1OH for paladins. Now granted I still need 1 more cleric set and 2 more paladin sets for my characters, but all and all not too bad.

And I will add, I seem to get more alabaster weapons when I am running no-rune/solo runs. If that helps anyone.

Well, most of my runs are simple solo runs without any runes, so it doesn't look like that has any effect on the reward in the end... but who knows, perhaps i've to change to group/rune runs to get those damn weapons to drop?
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    edited June 2019

And I will add, I seem to get more alabaster weapons when I am running no-rune/solo runs. If that helps anyone.

Quiet you! :) I already got 3 of 5 toons done, and I started less than a month ago and running them only part-time. I don't need more competition taking wins this way before I'm done with the last two toons.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    edited June 2019

adinosii said:

Just in: On today's stream it was confirmed that alabaster drop rate has been improved. Mountaineer should be coming in a week or so as well. No word on Watcher.

Every week the Mountaineer set is coming next week.... And what will it sell for, when it actually does???
    High enough to mollify the bean counters by convincing them that they can still squeeze some more C-notes from players would be my guess.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • sparkbibosparkbibo Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Well, I just bought my Wyvern Knives.... Still have no main hand.
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    I'm currently running only one or sometimes none ME per day on my character that is still missing the Alabaster OH for a while now, and all i'm getting are similar combination drops of 2x Ebonized/Prized/Blackened Jaw MH/OH plus 1x rare random rare HAMSTER over and over and over again.

Anyway, that events are either pretty much the same for years, or only deliver rewards that aren't even worth going after now isn't helping in giving a player a break from this crappy RNG treadmill either.
    Post edited by regenerde on
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!