test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Warlock: Change All-Consuming Curse

vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
edited May 2019 in Player Feedback (PC)
The function of All-Consuming Curse is so essential to playing Hellbringer, especially, that I suggest that it be incorporated into the core class mechanics so that At-Will attacks apply/refresh Lesser Curse by default.

Modify All-Consuming Curse perhaps to Lasting Curse, allowing Curse effects to persist through Curse Consume. That might give players who are disliking the increased focus on Curse management a way to play that is more similar to what they are accustomed to without causing overperformance, while the other class features might start to see the light of day more often.
Sacrilege - Warlock
Contagion - Cleric
Testament - Wizard
Pestilence - Ranger
Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

Comments

• Options
    cheerz4beerzcheerz4beerz Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    I certainly wouldn't be upset if it was incorporated into the class mechanics but I wouldn't say its entirely essential any more with encounters being able to apply curses. I take all consuming curse but I run a curse consumption build utilising curse bite and I like to be able to reapply curses to use my second charge of bite before reducing cd's with soul scorch.

If you aren't using curse bite then your encounters are more than adequate to keep your curses up especially with the cd reduction.
  • Options
    vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    > @cheerz4beerz said:
    > I certainly wouldn't be upset if it was incorporated into the class mechanics but I wouldn't say its entirely essential any more with encounters being able to apply curses. I take all consuming curse but I run a curse consumption build utilising curse bite and I like to be able to reapply curses to use my second charge of bite before reducing cd's with soul scorch.
    >
    > If you aren't using curse bite then your encounters are more than adequate to keep your curses up especially with the cd reduction.

Curse Bite is pretty close to essential. Hard to make a decent build without it.

I’ve played around with not using ACC, but it feels downright bad. With Curse Bite you eventually end up sitting on its cooldown while you wait for Killing Flames to come back up.

If there were something decent to replace Hadar’s Grasp with (that wasn’t a Curse Consume/Synergy power), we might have a workable alternative build, but I don’t consider giving up Risky Investment and Soul Investiture stacking to be a reasonable option right now.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH