test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

powers that u use for 2nd boss in lair of mad mage.

mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
I am asking what are the optimal powers for a devout cleric to keep alive members vs the worm boss.

Comments

• vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User

I am asking what are the optimal powers for a devout cleric to keep alive members vs the worm boss.

Try Bastion, Divine Glow, and either Intercession as a non-spender heal or the DPS encounter of your choosing. Blessing of Light is something you can tap between cooldowns for added healing power and a tiny bit of AP gain. Hallowed Ground is a convenient daily for reducing incoming damage and contributing more passive healing.

Divine Glow is a lame and boring encounter, but it really does help keep up Divinity if your party lets boulders through and forces you to spam heals for longer. You can also time your dodges to avoid getting knocked down while the roof is falling on you.

It's also important that your party members hug you even if they have to eat red circles to do so.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    I found it easiest with Bastion / Divine Glow / Intercession and Guardian of Life daily

As DC it's also important to stay out of the worst of the red splats as you circle with the group so you don't get controlled to oblivion and unable to heal.
  • vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    My loadout with my cleric is fairly consistent during LoMM - I only change my dailies. Best time with my Healer in LoMM so far has been 26 minutes.

At-Wills:
    Sacred Flame, Blessing of Light

Encounters:
    Intercession, Healing Word, Bastion of Health

Dailies:
    1st boss: Guardian of Faith (to kill mimics), Guardian of Life (for "oh HAMSTER" multi-player heals)
    2nd boss: Guardian of Life, Hallowed Ground
    3rd boss: Anointed Army, Hallowed Ground

Class Feature:
    Swift Prayers, Overflowing Spirit

Relevant Feat:
    1st Tier - Repeated Blessings
    2nd Tier - Battle Prayer

Second boss tactics:
    During red AoE phase, I cast Blessing of Light (+10% for next heal) and with Overflowing Spirit (if divinity full +25% to heal), I cast Healing Word once everyone is close.

Then I cast Hallowed Ground. With the Repeated Blessings feat, this continually recharges the duration of Healing Word, so I can focus on recharging divinity or casting Bastion of Health when needed. Hallowed Ground also provides a 10% damage reduction.

After Hallowed Ground ends, my Healing Word still has the full 21 second timer, and every time I cast Bastion, it gets +6s (up to the max of 21s).

With my divinity regeneration, helped by Battle Prayer, I can practically cast Bastion continuously as long as I channel divinity in between casts, without my divinity dropping below 90% in most cases. Because I can move while channeling divinity with Swift Prayers, I stay out of the red AoE (which can prone you) as much as possible.

I use intercession if a player gets hit outside of my Hallowed Ground area, or if for some reason they are separated from the group.

If I need to cast Healing Word again, I make sure I have Blessing of Light active and try to have 100% divinity to get the Overflowing Spirit Buff.

I find the second boss fairly easy with this combo.
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR