test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

State of CR now after latest Patch

merik1999merik1999 Member Posts: 141 Arc User
after this last patch i ran CR and here is what happend:
1. only 2 of us ran it everyone else was first time and had no clue. the OP was our healer.
2. the sisters were hard only that no one had a clue what they were supposed to do. Lots and lots and lots of death. average IL 18k
3. got past the sisters no glitches not overly difficult but the sister of rage is still doing over 100 million damage with one hit about 4 times during the battle.
4. got to the knight and he fought for awhile and then just stood there and did nothing. So we all just pounded on him. I was doing over 250k damage every encounter hit and my daily was doing 600k. it still took us over 15 minutes of contant beating on him to kill him. HE has WAY too much HP. The entire fight shows that the DEVs have absolutely no clue how to scale a dungeon.
5. after that we fought our way to the end boss. it was fun and hard and just a good charge.
6. We made it to Strahd. NO CRASH TO DESKTOP!!! whoohoo!!!! But All the AOE is instant death, (266417) Unavoidable Damage to you. Only the tank had More HP because since we are scaled I only have 169k HP but before i enter the dungeon I have 220k HP. So I HAVE to die in the beginning since the entire room is AOE. This kept going. anyone caught in a red spot was intant death and if the bats got to you you died even if you made it to the candle because the damage was over 250k. After awhile we had to abandon because it was just too much red-room everyone died. resurrect, red-room everyone died, etc. No mechanics no ability do dodge or protect as the OP was guarding us and giving us temp HP etc...we just didn't get enough HP to stop the unavoidble damage

what should change:
1. the sisters should not hit for over 100 million damage. thats just dumb. fix that please
2. the Knight need about half as much HP. 15 minutes of straight beating on a non moving boss should show you that you broke something your formula is horrible at best.
3. its no fun if there are no mechanics to follow nor any way to avoid instant death every 10 seconds or so. lower the AOe damage to half at least give us a chance to heal.

I hope the Devs actually care about this and not just ignore. Strahd has always been the highlight of D&D and the visuals and campaign are awesome. Why trash it because of your stubbornness to prove your scaling works even though actual statistics show your formulas and scaling are wrong?

Comments

• Options
    tjkernan#7315 tjkernan Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    Yeah, we tried it today, and it was pretty easy...til we got the Strahd.
    Wipe after wipe after wipe cuz the red dot AoEs destroy us before we ha a chance to do anything...
    And we had to abandon...
  • Options

Uh hello wasnt the expert Q not supposed to get scaled anymore..... Hello Cryptic, Julia, T Foss.... even if it was not an expert q it still falls in that category come on..

Well the Strahd fight was not scaled. We were still fighting at level 80 and nothing seemed nerfed. when we got to attack it seemed good, BUT AOE after AOE after AOE with nowhere to hide and no safe means you have no chance.

I went back in with a good team all over 20k IL and with a paladin Sigil and a Fighter Sigil. The DR from Paladin Sigil did nothing nor did the Fighter Sigil against the AOE damage. We just got spammed to death. We had Strahd down to 30% and then the AOE hit with no safe spots in the room. intant death. we would raise and get hit again. That kept happening until we all died for good. AOE is just too much damage or it is too often.
  • Options
    eolee said:

Im going to add one more to this bug list:

Needless to say the second sister really wanted me so bad she followed me at the campfire outside... While my team mates were fighting an other Sister inside.

Wow, sounds like the Demogorgon issue...
  • Options
    quickfoot#7851 quickfoot Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    merik1999 said:

Uh hello wasnt the expert Q not supposed to get scaled anymore..... Hello Cryptic, Julia, T Foss.... even if it was not an expert q it still falls in that category come on..

Well the Strahd fight was not scaled. We were still fighting at level 80 and nothing seemed nerfed. when we got to attack it seemed good, BUT AOE after AOE after AOE with nowhere to hide and no safe means you have no chance.

I went back in with a good team all over 20k IL and with a paladin Sigil and a Fighter Sigil. The DR from Paladin Sigil did nothing nor did the Fighter Sigil against the AOE damage. We just got spammed to death. We had Strahd down to 30% and then the AOE hit with no safe spots in the room. intant death. we would raise and get hit again. That kept happening until we all died for good. AOE is just too much damage or it is too often.
    The Sigil of the Paladin is bugged and does not provide additional Damage Resistance, I tested it myself. Same with Negation *and* Shadowclad. I haven't tested the Fighter sigil or any powers like Shield of Faith or Cleric buffs like Astral Shield, but I feel like that needs to be done, though I also think it shouldn't be the player's job to make sure this stuff actually works, we really shouldn't have to be free QA and bug hunters for them. I reported all 3 of these issues, with the 2 enchantments, and the artifact, but nothing in the few weeks since. Considering it's Enchantments *and* an Artifact, I really think all the DR buffs need to be looked at as there might some some deeper underlying issue not specific to any one item or power that is preventing the buffs from actually working, that's just my intuition.

• Options
    eoleeeolee Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    merik1999 said:

Thing is, we survived AoE by moving carefully and watching Thirst/Ardor. But even that, the sword doesnt fill up the AP... So we went on the roof with a discharged sword.

Sword deals insane dmg to a boss that seems to have too little HP to stand it: sword doesnt have time to fill up AP with its attacks...So yeah...And if we stop attacking, we chain Ardor/Thirst/dopples phase and the AP doesnt increase either by hitting the air and not the boss.

Anyone finished it? xD
  • Options
    vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    It's almost like they forgot to scale down Strahd's one-shot attacks when they stripped down all our mitigating powers.

As a DC, having completed CR multiple times in Mod 15, I used to have a number of mitigating spells: Anointed Army (-25% HP), Divine Armor (50% temp HP), Astral Shield (-30% DR), Hallowed Ground (-30% DR), Divine Glow (-17.5%DR).

Now, I have a grand-total of TWO: Astral Shield (-10% DR) and Hallowed Ground (-10% DR), neither of which stops the one-shots from happening.

It's ridiculous.
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • Options
    edited May 2019

The Sigil of the Paladin is bugged and does not provide additional Damage Resistance, I tested it myself. Same with Negation *and* Shadowclad. I haven't tested the Fighter sigil or any powers like Shield of Faith or Cleric buffs like Astral Shield, but I feel like that needs to be done, though I also think it shouldn't be the player's job to make sure this stuff actually works, we really shouldn't have to be free QA and bug hunters for them. I reported all 3 of these issues, with the 2 enchantments, and the artifact, but nothing in the few weeks since. Considering it's Enchantments *and* an Artifact, I really think all the DR buffs need to be looked at as there might some some deeper underlying issue not specific to any one item or power that is preventing the buffs from actually working, that's just my intuition.

Not sure how or where you tested it but there's an issue with DR increase and reducing dmg taken.

Shield of faith from Pally tooltip: Decrease dmg taken by 5%
    OP sigil: 20% increased DR.

There's quite a big difference between increasing DR that is capped anyway, and decreasing the dmg taken. One wont work if party is capped with defense/DR and the other will multiply to DR. Much like Deflect does with Defense i believe.

Which is what makes OP sigil only good for heals while Shield of faith good for extra dmg reduction (above the cap).

Same for Hallowed ground: Dmg taken decreased by 10% is going over the cap, which makes it a dmg mitigation tool. Astral Shield is reducing the dmg taken, not adding DR like OP sigil.

You cant add any value to something capped.

Its same as a piece of gear providing you 5% crit chance in a given circumstance, you wont get 5% more if you have already reached 50% crit chance.

• Options
    edited May 2019
    eolee said:

Not sure how or where you tested it but there's an issue with DR increase and reducing dmg taken.

Shield of faith from Pally tooltip: Decrease dmg taken by 5%
    OP sigil: 20% increased DR.

There's quite a big difference between increasing DR that is capped anyway, and decreasing the dmg taken. One wont work if party is capped with defense/DR and the other will multiply to DR. Much like Deflect does with Defense i believe.

Which is what makes OP sigil only good for heals while Shield of faith good for extra dmg reduction (above the cap).

Same for Hallowed ground: Dmg taken decreased by 10% is going over the cap, which makes it a dmg mitigation tool. Astral Shield is reducing the dmg taken, not adding DR like OP sigil.

You cant add any value to something capped.

Its same as a piece of gear providing you 5% crit chance in a given circumstance, you wont get 5% more if you have already reached 50% crit chance.

We have a 50% DI (Damage Ignored) cap from Defense stat, 57-68k or whatever, and we have are able to get an additional 30% DI from temporary buffs as was stated by @noworries#8859 while mod16 was still in preview. I wanted to test this, so I got a Shadowclad, Negation, and Sigil of Paladin arti and went to an unscaled are with cap'd Defense for base of 50% DI. While testing sigil, I removed armor enchant. And basically what you do is turn on /combatlog 1 and then start getting hit by a group of mobs, doing nothing else except using stones or pots to stay alive and collect more data. Then after a few minutes you stop and turn off the logs /combatlog 0 and turn on ACT and import the logs.

For Sigil of the Paladin you can go to the incoming heals section to see at what times it was healing you for, that's when it was activated. Then you go to incoming damage section and look at the effectiveness of the enemies' attacks, what you'll see, at least before last patch, was that it stayed at 50% or 25% if deflected. To calculate DR you have to know you deflect severity (50%) and if an attack was deflected, it's pretty simple and you can pretty much figure it out just looking at it.

For not deflected attacks without any source of Damage Reduction, it's even easier:
    E is Effectiveness that shows in ACT which is actual damage / base damage, ACT also shows if the attack was deflected or not.

DI = 1 - E

So if the effectiveness was 50% for the incoming damage, your DI is 50%, which is the cap applied to DI from Defense.

Same thing with Negation and Shadowclad, they don't add any DI.

Barbarians Battlerage reduced incoming damage by 15%, but, it's post mitigated, so it is multiplied to DI like deflect. I tested this, it does work. While in Battlerage you the effectiveness of attacks is 42.5% while not deflect.

(1-0.5) * (1-0.15) = 0.425

or 42.5% effectiveness.

That does work, and so does Paladin's tab effect.

But These 3 items I tested do not add to DI. It should not be a post mitigated buff either, as the dev stated that we can reach an 80% DI with temporary buffs.

**" - The cap of (ArP - targetDefense) multiplier at 0.5 means that the maximum damage reduction is 50%. The target having infinte amount of defense, andus having less ArP will still allow 50% of the damage to 'pass' this mitigation, the defense part.
    The target can selff buff further its defense not from stats, to up to 80%, allowing only 20% of our damage to pass.
    The damage can still be mitigated further by other means, like deflect."
    **Janne's formula page

I hope that made some sense.

• Options
    edited May 2019
    I meant were you capped with DR while inside OP sigil. If im not capped DR and inside i get increase DR inside, but if im capped and inside i dont get anymore DR; is it working like that?
    Because DR is calculated with defense and arpen from enemies according to Janne website. So lets say you're capped at 50% by your own defense, why would the Sigil OP give an other 20% DR if this value is capped already?

I was assuming "dmg taken reduce" as in Shield of Faith tooltip and Hallowed ground from example are the ways devs are talking about. Or the 3% dmg reduced pants or the 3% dmg reduced boots, those contribute to mitigation since they're not an additional DR but a dmg taken reduced. OP sigil and Negation are Damage Resistance %

No clue.
  • Options
    eolee said:

I meant were you capped with DR while inside OP sigil. If im not capped DR and inside i get increase DR inside, but if im capped and inside i dont get anymore DR; is it working like that?
    Because DR is calculated with defense and arpen from enemies according to Janne website. So lets say you're capped at 50% by your own defense, why would the Sigil OP give an other 20% DR if this value is capped already?

I was assuming "dmg taken reduce" as in Shield of Faith tooltip and Hallowed ground from example are the ways devs are talking about. Or the 3% dmg reduced pants or the 3% dmg reduced boots, those contribute to mitigation since they're not an additional DR but a dmg taken reduced. OP sigil and Negation are Damage Resistance %

No clue.

Because, according to the developers, on top of the 50% cap from Defense, we can (should be able to) get another 30% Damage Ignored from temporary buffs to a maximum of 80% Damage Ignored. I didn't test if the Sigil or Enchantments while below the 50% cap from Defense, if it's buffing and being cap'd at 50% with defense, it's still a bug.

• Options
    The comment where noworries said we can get another 30% Damage Resistance from buffs.

• Defense now caps at 50% damage ignored. Certain temporary buffs can bypass this cap up to a maximum of 80% damage ignored.
    He does say "Certain", but I think, at least Negation and Shadowclad should be among them, I would also think the Sigil should as well, otherwise there's no point in buffing DR as the cap is easily attainable.