test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

More than half of epic dungeons cannot be completed currently, 5/9

drumon88drumon88 Member Posts: 142 Arc User
edited May 2019 in Bug Reports (PC)

ndemo doesn't even start, you can never go through the blue magic shield-door-thing

I haven't personally experienced it but my alliance is reporting Edemo is the same way.

Tiamat remains broken, legion devils and erinyes still hit exceedingly hard (1-2 hit kills vs non-tanks)

Manycoins bank heist remains broken, all mobs hit exceedingly hard period, much less for a SKIRMISH THAT USUALLY DOES NOT GIVE YOU A TANK OR HEALER, and have way too much health. Even with a 3:1:1 premade of 21k ilvl+ skilled players we didn't have the dps to even get to phase 2 (mobs killed the vault), and still had something like 20 deaths.

Castle Ravenloft still crashes the instance during Strahd fight

ToNG still can't be beaten because of Defiant Souls health being waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much

Fight mechanic for 1st boss of LOTMM nonfunctional, have to kill the mimics the old-fashioned way, can't get past 2nd phase even with a full-ME-BIS party of around 23k (the red splotch with the arrow that killed mimics in Preview does not kill mimics on Live)

CoDG phase transition bugged, still doing all AoE attacks during push-pull

FBI, Drufi fight, Permafrost and Hypothermia are bugged and fight cannot be completed without cheating/glitching. Hypothermia does full damage to everybody in range instead of splitting damage; Permafrost does not block her blizzard or whatever the big finisher is where you hide behind the ice.

Throne of the Dwarven Gods, all mobs are hitting a 23k ilvl tank for 30k+ (I'm downscaled from 380k to 120k health in there), literally couldn't even get TO the Thoons first attempt, and they're also still broken in that they don't execute their charge.

That means REQ cannot be completed at all. Only 1 dungeon in RAQ can be completed. About 1/4 of the dungeons in RIQ cannot be completed.

All dungeons in RIQ remain horribly overtuned for their ilvl requirement and place in random queues. ALL of them are harder than (unbugged) edemo, ToNG, or FBI, and many are on par with CR up to Strahd. Both skirmishes in RLQ are overtuned as well, I should absolutely NOT be getting 1-shot by bone golems in Dread Legion even if I do stand in the AoE, and should not have to be chugging health potions on cooldown, in tank spec, to successfully tank Zulkir Raj Whatshisface without dying.

Ya blew it. AGAIN. After promising in Tuesday's livestream you doubly extra super checked this patch to make sure you were actually fixing what you said you were fixing without breaking new stuff, specifically to make the double AD apology event not also suck.

Comments

• darkheart#6758 darkheart Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    I'm going to have to start saying this is the new WAI. And that when something actually works the right way, it must be bugged.
  • photeus#7983 photeus Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    I was able to, with a group in the 20k range, complete manycoins.

I was the tank, died several times. I noticed on one death my defense ratings went from 44k (bad enough from scaling) to 13k. Maybe there is some mob or effect that drops armor that is playing havoc on damage. I'll be fine then suddenly lose large chunks of life all at once.
  • drumon88drumon88 Member Posts: 142 Arc User

I was able to, with a group in the 20k range, complete manycoins.

I was the tank, died several times. I noticed on one death my defense ratings went from 44k (bad enough from scaling) to 13k. Maybe there is some mob or effect that drops armor that is playing havoc on damage. I'll be fine then suddenly lose large chunks of life all at once.

The Rust Monster AoE takes huge chunks of defense away, yeah. But losing 31k defense from a debuff seems absolutely insane and I think there's something else going on with the instance beyond simply being overtuned. I had similar experiences even on normal mobs and not the rust monsters, I'd be fine for a while then WHAM dead in less than a second, check the logs and took a string of 70k+ hits when previously I'd been getting hit for 20-30k.

Either way, as it stands in the queue as a skirmish, it is NOT completable if it's not gonna guarantee you either a tank or healer.

MSPC cannot be completed anymore either. You re-broke Kabal, chained fireballs are again not spawning.

Valindra's Tower: Valindra fight, ghost phase. Ghosts outrun a SW with 5/5 Marathon Runner, 2x Gladiator's Guile, and Shadow Walk (~42% bonus movement speed). This should be the fastest player in the game, doesn't even stand a chance at outrunning the ghosts. Which means everyone else is even worse off. Some players can sprint/dodge their way through first ghost phase because of its relatively short duration, but NOBODY can get through second ghost phase, nobody has/could even remotely get the stamina regen to keep up that many dodges/that much sprint, and blocking through it isn't an option for the tanks since they don't get a dodge mechanic because the ghosts both deal physical damage and directly drain the stamina/block meter.

Add epic Malabog's Castle to the list. 3rd tower you have to blow up has a troll stuck in the tower where you can't hit it but it can hit you. Can't drop combat to interact with the explosive barrel, so can't progress. Has happened with the same troll in the same tower on multiple runs now so not a 1-off.
    edited May 2019
    > @drumon88 said:
    > Add epic Malabog's Castle to the list. 3rd tower you have to blow up has a troll stuck in the tower where you can't hit it but it can hit you. Can't drop combat to interact with the explosive barrel, so can't progress. Has happened with the same troll in the same tower on multiple runs now so not a 1-off.

well, apparently this isn't 100%, try #6 went pretty smoothly. The big fomorians hit awfully damn hard for a RIQ dungeon though, stripping 150k health worth of block and still doing 10-20k if you don't dodge their main attack (or 2-shotting a 300k hp tank if he doesn't block/dodge it). Also the lightning splotches from the witches are very overtuned, 1-shotting non tanks. Was still able to complete it with a minimal number of deaths and no party wipes.
  • picar66picar66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 118 Arc User
    Prophethy of madness is doable but critters in there are on speed drugs, runnign with 1000% movement Bonus.
    This movement bonus i saw in many (all) dungeons/skirmish.
    Its may be the reason why critters can cast their powers really quick.

Throne of dwars, is really hard with the speedy running critters, circle around one person and kill that person, nothing can prevent this. you can beat it, but needs 60-80 death for whole party.

REALLY NO FUN.

So its scaling issues AND speedy critters AND cc on you can last up to 5 MINUTES (boy i where happy if i had a so long durating cc power, mine are max 10 sec).

The double AD event with minimal chance on getting AD.
  • savvje#5554 savvje Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    i did a CODG run with randoms and 4 guildies yesterday, finished it on 10min and 58 seconds full run..

Absolutly my best time spend since mod16 launged.
  • motu999#9953 motu999 Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    Difficulty level for RIQ is reversed, CN one of the easiest, Malabog one of the most difficult:

Malabogs Castle (MC): No chance to complete with a party with the intended IL. Doable for a full level 20k+ party, but takes very long with crappy rewards. This should be the entry level dungeon for a fresh lvl70 or lvl80 player. With a random group in RIQ success chance is less than 20%. This does not make any sense at all. One-shotters all over the place. Not enjoyable at all, in particular for the long time it takes and the worst rewards in RIQ. Needs to be looked at. Please remove until fixed. Far worse than nDemo, which was removed last patch. GAME-KILLER, REMOVE

Valindra's Tower (VT): Ghost phase in the end boss fight is totally broken. Haven't yet seen a successful completion. This should be one of the easiest (entry level) dungeons. It is super hard. Ghosts are FAR TOO FAST. No chance to outrun them, especially if you are slow (tank spec, no sprint). Even if one knows the mechanics of the end-boss fight, one gets killed by the ghosts. Nothing to learn, nothing enjoyable. Crappy rewards, but nearly zero chance to get the HAMSTER. Needs to be looked at. Please remove until fixed. Far worse than nDemo, which was removed last patch. GAME-KILLER, REMOVE

Kessel's retreat (KR): End boss and two beholders hit far too hard. 16k tank dies after 1-2 hits. Much too hard. Only one completion with random group so far (out of 5+ attempts). only completed because two 21k+ players duoed the instance. This should be one of the easier dungeons. Instead, one-shotters all over the place. No chance to get better and to learn tanking or healing (or the mechanics). In most groups boss was still at 90% health when the entire group died. Crappy rewards. At least it usually takes only 10 min only the group realizes that its better to abandon. Needs to be looked at. Please remove until fixed. Far worse than nDemo, which was removed last patch. GAME-KILLER, REMOVE

Throne of the Dwarven God (ToDG): Doable after the hulk patch. Even got gold once with a good group. Mostly bronze and silver. Working, but when the more urgent stuff is fixed it might be a good idea to tune down the difficulty a bit, so that gold is possible for a group with the intended IL. Not fun, but can stay as one of the more boring AD grinder dungeons.

Prophecy of Madness (PoM): Doable with many deaths (because often no healer). Gold out of the question. Silver only possible with 29k+ group. Otherwise, similar to ToDG: Working, but when the more urgent stuff is fixed it might be a good idea to tune down the difficulty a bit, so that gold is possible for a group with the intended IL. Not fun at all, but can stay as one of the more boring AD grinder dungeons.

Epic Shores of Tuern (eSoT): Doable with a good tank and healer. Very difficult for a group with 16k IL. Moderately hard. I would leave the difficulty as it is. Low IL groups might need a couple of attempts at the end boss, but the skirmish is short and can be a good opportunity to learn tanking and healing (and for dps: staying out the red, let the tank get aggro, etc.). However, crappy rewards. The run itself is usually fun. Can stay

Epic Temple of the Spider (eToS): Same as eSoT. Doable with a good tank and healer. Crappy rewards. The run itself is not much fun. Can stay as one of the more boring AD grinder dungeons.

Manycoins Skirmish: Totally broken. Even most 20k+ groups fail. Needs to be looked at. Far worse than nDemo, which was removed last patch. GAME-KILLER !!!, REMOVE

Merchant Prince Skirmish: Doable most of the time (but mostly silver and bronze). Often no healer, meaning very many deaths. Some of the mobs respawn (or summon adds). These spawns should be disabled for groups without healers. Rewards are lala. Can stay, but often not fun to play.

Castle Never (CN): in mod15 the most difficult dungeon. Now one of the easiest. Zombies in the charging sphere room (before the second boss) still one-shot players. This is actually one of the few rather enjoyable dungeons in RIQ. Can stay. Rewards are adequate for the effort.

Lair of Lostmauth: The skorpions hit far too hard for a group with the intended IL. If there are at least two 20k+ players, its doable (with caution and tactics). Can stay as it is, actually one of the nicer (but still challenging) dungeons in RIQ.

Tiamat: was badly broken and not completable even after patch. Removed in last patch.

nDemo: Was actually doable after first patch. It makes NO SENSE AT ALL to remove nDemo from RIQ, but leave the far more difficult and far less rewarding MC, VT, KR and Manycoins in RIQ.

Epic Grey Wolf Den (eGWD): Did not test yet

Epic Cragmire Crypts: Did not test yet.

Bottom line: Still many dungeons in RIQ are not doable. The crappiers the rewards, the more difficult the dungeons become. Obvious side-effect of scaling. WAI? This will scare off new players, that expect the low IL dungeons to be doable (with some effort) at their IL. Totally undoable and not fun at all for the ILs for which these dungeons are intended. Somethings needs to be done quick! RIQ should be the first mildly challenging content a new player sees. The difficulty should progress with the minimum IL for the dungeon in private queue. Currently the lower the IL, the harder the dungeon becomes.