test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes: NW.110.20190411b.22

Comments

• midnightitamidnightita Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    Come on guys did you even test LotMM before launching it?

We can't do it, first boss, mimics are too fast/ too much HP, Arcturia then oneshot everybody. Not even mentioning the lag!! wasn't lag supposed to be fixed with this patch?
  • darkheart#6758 darkheart Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    > @gonzakotwi said:
    > Rollback to MOD 15 ASAP. This is not the way things have to get implemented, months of development and the patches still don't resolve the issues in the game

This is NOT going to happen, no matter how much we yell and scream. What we are going to deal with is: weekly patches hoping to fix issues, and create different issues.

This will go on until Mod 17, when the creative team will hope you forget about all the old unfixed bugs, since there will be a full new plate of them in mod 17.
  • bigman99#8273 bigman99 Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    So what exactly is the reason for this mess of a patch? Not enough staffing? Unreasonable deadlines? not enough time? well you sure as hell had time and staffing to send out tons of advertisements for Magic: The Gathering. Maybe pull in some people from that project? This one obviously needs help the help.
  • waglaf#2015 waglaf Member Posts: 25 Arc User

This is ridiculous lol. Scaling feels exactly the same I think my stats have gone up 1%. Demo broken. Some mobs still way too overtuned. I literally notice no difference in this patch than the last one

things got worse for me. not doing nearly as much damage and taking way too much damage. wth
  • blackmagidblackmagid Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 111 Arc User
    Stronghold heroics. aka: Influence run

Sad to say that a 7 man team with 6 mins on the clock couldn't complete Dock Supply Woes in time. We managed (just about) Lake Crisis with 14 mins on the clock. Noticed that the mobs were level 80 epic but thought we should at least try. Our item levels are all +18K and we sort of know what we are doing. So, if running solo - another week of Beast, Spider etc. If running in a team and not wanting to spend ages doing it - the same :(

Thanks
    Black
  • vheeshanevheeshane Member Posts: 47 Arc User

So what exactly is the reason for this mess of a patch? Not enough staffing? Unreasonable deadlines? not enough time? well you sure as hell had time and staffing to send out tons of advertisements for Magic: The Gathering. Maybe pull in some people from that project? This one obviously needs help the help.

I honestly think that they are using all their resources for MTG, keep us trailing along with bread crumb fixes in hopes that MTG will replace Neverwinter in numbers and investment. They can keep this creeping along forever, and eek out what $ they can from it. Seen plenty of other games do this over the last 10 years. MTG is priority 1, minor example, you give 2 weeks at your job, how much effort do you feel you really want to give before you head to your new job?
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    Well, that's one step forward, five steps back, one step to the left, another one to the right, and finished with a twirl...

Dungeons (and probably skirmishes too) have become harder since the patch, but the rewards are as crappy as ever, where the fudge is the scaling for them?! I'm not talking about "handing out legendary mounts", but more about something along the line as character level x10 in rAD rewards added to the loot from all bosses for example.

Barovia isn't better after the patch either, but hey, at least there is another sale up and running, right? Even at level 80 with a decent equiped character getting through a singel small heroic encounter in Barovia has become a real nightmare!

Scaling in PvP? Sure, why not, it might bring some folks to give it a try at least.
    Scaling in dungeons/skirmishes? OK, just scale the rewards as well and it might work out...
    Scaling everywhere else in game? Just remove it until you get it right on the Preview Server first!

And for the love of all deities, either give players a 10s "crowd control" immunity after being hit with HAMSTER like that, or place a 10s cooldown on NPC abilities with CC in it. Playing a punshing bag without being able to do anything against it ain't fun!

Last but not least, looking at NWO in the current sad sad sad state, why would i even give their next new game a chance or recommend either one of them to other players in the future?
    Post edited by regenerde on
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • alleykatealleykate Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    Ok I am now very confused. I took my level 80 cw and compared the downscaling in the below level 70 areas for armor pen. (used this as an example):
    Omu 41k
    Well of Dragons 39k
    Bryn Shander 36k
    Sea of moving ice 36k
    River District 39k

I seriously need a 'please explain" the differences here.

I then took my level 70 cw into Well of the Dragons...and what did I find..downscaling….how....does a level 70 get downscaled in a level 70 area with an item level of 10k..how please tell me how????
    Guild - Fair Dinkum 2.0
    Part of Team Tredecim of the Cloaks Alliance website
    https://cloakalliance.wordpress.com/
  • paulamyo#4926 paulamyo Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    I don´t khow how testing is done by developers in this game.

But if you try to correct some small issue in one instance like demo, and with the patch you get into production a version that does not allow players even to enter the fight, I must say that test is clearly not well done.

This is even worse because demo is part of 2 random queues, and if you want to get some diamonds you can´t just decide not to enter demo.

And even worse again is when most of the instances that are part of raq, for example, have some issue that makes them imposible or at least nearly imposible for pugs.

Sometimes is just a carrousel of failed trys until you are lucky and enter into some of the few doable ones. Demo was one of the few pug-doable in raq, not anymore.
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User

Rollback to MOD 15 ASAP. This is not the way things have to get implemented, months of development and the patches still don't resolve the issues in the game

That cannot happen. Stop requesting a rollback. As it was mentioned in the video live stream by the Lead Developer Thomas Foss. At time index 32:15 Julia asked him about any rollback. At 32:29 Foss states, "We basically rebuilt the engine... in order to do that you have to destroy things, and there cannot be a full rollback..."

In short, he did as Julius Caesar ordering his army to burn the bridges behind them. The game you played before April launch just doesn't exist. In short, there is no going back.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • jelara1jelara1 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    Database backups and source control systems which can keep every revision ever made to the code. Your idea of there being no going back is just not how software development works.
  • cabar1cabar1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 124 Arc User
    They are just "fixing the economy" by cutting everyones access to RAD from the Random Queues.
    99 lines of code on the wall, 99 lines of code, add one line, compile it again....... 113 lines on code on the wall
    113 lines of code on the wall, 113 lines of code, rewrite one line, compile it again.......
    Wait For It
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    cabar1 said:

They are just "fixing the economy" by cutting everyones access to RAD from the Random Queues.

The problem I have with that theory is, currently we have a 2x AD weekend and I made over 60K on one character in 30 mins in Barovia. I could continue to do that all weekend, but with the AD capped at 100K per account, I would end up waiting a long time to collect it all.

Dungeons are not a prime source of AD anymore, campaign stores are giving it out for currency. I get paid 2K AD to light fires in Barovia but at present with, my bonus, it comes to closer to 6K AD. I am not sure how they are doing the math on it, but I plan to get back online as soon as maintenance ends to run more characters in Barovia. Unless that is what today's maintenance changes.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • dennizonndennizonn Member Posts: 21 Arc User

Rollback to MOD 15 ASAP. This is not the way things have to get implemented, months of development and the patches still don't resolve the issues in the game

That cannot happen. Stop requesting a rollback. As it was mentioned in the video live stream by the Lead Developer Thomas Foss. At time index 32:15 Julia asked him about any rollback. At 32:29 Foss states, "We basically rebuilt the engine... in order to do that you have to destroy things, and there cannot be a full rollback..."

In short, he did as Julius Caesar ordering his army to burn the bridges behind them. The game you played before April launch just doesn't exist. In short, there is no going back.
    They may have said this, but don't be fooled. They CAN do it, but they won't for certain reasons.
  • drumon88drumon88 Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    jelara1 said:

Database backups and source control systems which can keep every revision ever made to the code. Your idea of there being no going back is just not how software development works.

Source control systems? You mean that thing that Foss has been saying they've never had and has been using as a scapegoat for all the bugs they fix in one build and reintroduce in another?
  • dadalis1dadalis1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User

there is no way they will roll back, all the players that have ground out to level 80 and all the gear? it wont happen there will be no roll back
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    Well, a roll back isn't going to happen, but they should put the whole scaling on ice until they've a version of it that really works...
    Post edited by regenerde on
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • gonzakotwigonzakotwi Member Posts: 267 Arc User

So we had mod 16 on preview and m15 on live for 2 months, so both of them could coexist without destroying anything. And as an improtant company they wont keep backups of the previous developments? I'm sorry I don't buy that
    dadalis1 said:

there is no way they will roll back, all the players that have ground out to level 80 and all the gear? it wont happen there will be no roll back

Ok so you prefer this "new" gear instead of a working game? good for you
    Even not that new since it had written barovia and chult all over it the first days

• dracin#9917 dracin Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Once this patch was applied I noticed on my Dreadnought Fighter that my unfeated Seethe only lasts ~2 seconds which is about half as long prior to the patch. Additionally, it only generates half of the vengeance it used to which is below 50%. Prior to the Patch a full tab of Seethe would be ~4 seconds and generate about 65% Seethe. I didn't see in the notes where Seethe was expected to be altered. This remains consistent with todays patch.