test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Chained Crowd Control Effects

hercules125hercules125 Member Posts: 427 Arc User
This has always been somewhat of an issue in this game, but is becoming more prevalent in mod 16. Being chain stunned/knocked down/disoriented and so on. A prime example are the resonance farming areas in the new zones. You get knocked down, then picked up by a tornado and tossed around. Before you can recover from that, you get picked up by another tornado, and so on... This is made worse by the "pick yourself off the ground" animation, which takes way too long IMO. Being treated like a human ping pong ball is just not fun.

We need some kind of CC immunity timer implemented that prevents this kind of "mechanic" from ever occurring. Perhaps a 5 to 10 second recovery period where new status effects are not applied. Dark Age of Camelot implemented this kind of system years ago due to its exploitation in pvp combat. It should be possible to do something similar here.

Comments

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    And with the loss of any mitigating boons we once had, we get to stand there until we get knocked down, lay there until we're stunned again...

"You cannot do that while prone" is annoying.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    Those control mitigating boons were largely worthless, anyway. Most control resist in the game didn't seem to do anything at all against attacks that left you prone.

I agree that the control effects used by mobs in some of these zones are a little over the top, and they sometimes overlap in a way that makes it impossible to recover for at least several seconds (such as when a mob prones you for 3 seconds and then knocks your body back into yet another CC AoE).

Under ideal circumstances most of these shenanigans could be avoided through paying attention and playing decently, but the lag makes it all a bit of a mess.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    Less stamina to dodge with means less dodging being done.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • aratecharatech Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 269 Arc User
    vorphied said:

Those control mitigating boons were largely worthless, anyway. Most control resist in the game didn't seem to do anything at all against attacks that left you prone.

I agree that the control effects used by mobs in some of these zones are a little over the top, and they sometimes overlap in a way that makes it impossible to recover for at least several seconds (such as when a mob prones you for 3 seconds and then knocks your body back into yet another CC AoE).

Under ideal circumstances most of these shenanigans could be avoided through paying attention and playing decently, but the lag makes it all a bit of a mess.

Yes. I believe that's called the "Lostamouth Conundrum." :p