test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

A question about companions

sigillmacfinnsigillmacfinn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 111 Arc User
OK so in the new layout for companions are a number of dropdown/choice boxes to select powers from the various companions.

My wife has an empty slot that says she has none of the applicable type to select & it displays that it needs an OFFENSE power, however nowhere on any companion either slotted by my char or hers on unslotted [unused yet] can I see where it states the type of power prior to being in the arsenal for companions - when selecting form the "stable" it shows the types in the upper right of the power but only after they are activated into the stable.

This makes "buying" an applicable companion very difficult as we can't seem to discern if its the OFFENSE type that she needs.

Have we gone mad/blind or is this something other players have encountered or can anyone shed any light on where we need to look to figure this out?
..... rolling 1's for over 25 years .....

The Harbingers' Forums - What Class Are You - Search The Neverwinter Wiki

Comments

• Options
    quickfoot#7851 quickfoot Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    Yeah, that is a problem, they don't say if it's offense, defense, or utility until after you bind it to your character.

Here's a spreadsheet created by Rainer, it has a list of the player bonuses and tells you if it's offense, defense, or utility. There's also other useful info in the spreadsheet, just poke around.

• Options
    sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    I "think" the idea for their category is based on their abilities. For example; Defenders are Defense, Strikers are Offense, and most Augments seem to be Utility. The other place to check in the future is the official wiki. It is still not up to date, it will be a much slower process, as it is player updated.

wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User

I "think" the idea for their category is based on their abilities. For example; Defenders are Defense, Strikers are Offense, and most Augments seem to be Utility. The other place to check in the future is the official wiki. It is still not up to date, it will be a much slower process, as it is player updated.

Sort of, kind of. Defense generally comes up short on the count, though.

Rainier's Pocket Wiki is an excellent resource for finding the companions (and companion powers) you want, though, and should be consulted if you're looking to fill a particular slot - even if it's just with a cheap filler companion.

And yes, OP - the tool tips really need to make it clear what type of slot said companion power fills.